Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radio Controlled Car for under house inspection?

I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale.
Missing the controller, so went looking.
There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras
for under $100.
The camera resolution is missing from the specs.
One claimed high resolution at 320x240.
Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mike" wrote in message
I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale.
Missing the controller, so went looking.
There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras
for under $100.
The camera resolution is missing from the specs.
One claimed high resolution at 320x240.
Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8gLEZ-_70

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 09:27:10 -0700, mike wrote:

I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale.
Missing the controller, so went looking.
There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras
for under $100.
The camera resolution is missing from the specs.
One claimed high resolution at 320x240.
Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

_Canadian Digs Out Basement Using Only Radio Controlled Scale Tractors
and Trucks...Since 2005!_

LilGiantsConstrCo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrmuc-WDTBiqMGma7bs5Z3g
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 09:40:49 -0700, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8gLEZ-_70

I like it. An RC was used by the US Park Service to inspect old
tunnels, chases and catacombs under USP Alcatraz. Mapping and figuring
old construction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 09:27:10 -0700, mike wrote:

I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale.
Missing the controller, so went looking.
There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras
for under $100.
The camera resolution is missing from the specs.
One claimed high resolution at 320x240.
Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

Why not..... Sounds like a good idea.

I've heard of kids using them to look under ladies dresses!
(Not recommended for adults)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 11:28:23 AM UTC-5, mike wrote:
I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale.
Missing the controller, so went looking.
There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras
for under $100.
The camera resolution is missing from the specs.
One claimed high resolution at 320x240.
Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

The problem with using a car is that it might be too fast. I wanted to use one to pull a pull string across a raised ceiling but it was too fast and unusable. I looked around for a model RC tank and gave the RC car away. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle RC Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 12:32:33 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

The problem with using a car is that it might be too fast. I wanted to use one to pull a pull string across a raised ceiling but it was too fast and unusable. I looked around for a model RC tank and gave the RC car away. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle RC Monster

I saw years ago, a dart gun, with a ultra light reel to shoot lines
across attics. Can't find the link as it is old. Oops, found a newer
version of one. http://www.cableorganizer.com/greenlee/cablecaster/
CableCaster® Shoots darts up to 50 feet (15 meter).

....and

_ The LaserLine™ Cable Installation Tool
The Ultimate Labor Saving Pull String Gun_

Doesn't show a reel to reel back the line for another chance.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/laserline/

....DIY low capacity magazine assault rifle
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem with using a car is that it might be too fast. I wanted to use
one to pull a pull string across a raised ceiling but it was too fast and
unusable. I looked around for a model RC tank and gave the RC car away.
8-)

[8~{} Uncle RC Monster

I saw years ago, a dart gun, with a ultra light reel to shoot lines
across attics. Can't find the link as it is old. Oops, found a newer
version of one. http://www.cableorganizer.com/greenlee/cablecaster/
CableCaster® Shoots darts up to 50 feet (15 meter).

...and

_ The LaserLineT Cable Installation Tool
The Ultimate Labor Saving Pull String Gun_

Doesn't show a reel to reel back the line for another chance.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/laserline/

...DIY low capacity magazine assault rifle

or get yourself a "working rat".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem with using a car is that it might be too fast. I wanted to use one to pull a pull string across a raised ceiling but it was too fast and unusable. I looked around for a model RC tank and gave the RC car away. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle RC Monster

I saw years ago, a dart gun, with a ultra light reel to shoot lines
across attics. Can't find the link as it is old. Oops, found a newer
version of one. http://www.cableorganizer.com/greenlee/cablecaster/
CableCaster(R) Shoots darts up to 50 feet (15 meter).

...and

_ The LaserLine(tm) Cable Installation Tool
The Ultimate Labor Saving Pull String Gun_

Doesn't show a reel to reel back the line for another chance.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/laserline/

...DIY low capacity magazine assault rifle

Me and my brother, for many years, have used a dart gun with a fishing reel attached. It was sold by Greenlee like the one in your link. I like the CO2 powered gun but it might get you shot by police if you're seen working in a retail store with it. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Fishing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 13:13:00 -0700, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The problem with using a car is that it might be too fast. I wanted to use
one to pull a pull string across a raised ceiling but it was too fast and
unusable. I looked around for a model RC tank and gave the RC car away.
8-)

[8~{} Uncle RC Monster

I saw years ago, a dart gun, with a ultra light reel to shoot lines
across attics. Can't find the link as it is old. Oops, found a newer
version of one. http://www.cableorganizer.com/greenlee/cablecaster/
CableCaster® Shoots darts up to 50 feet (15 meter).

...and

_ The LaserLineT Cable Installation Tool
The Ultimate Labor Saving Pull String Gun_

Doesn't show a reel to reel back the line for another chance.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/laserline/

...DIY low capacity magazine assault rifle

or get yourself a "working rat".

Sure. We don't have conduit for a rat. I paid an "attic monkey" to
cross the attic to bring a dedicated patio circuit wire to the breaker
panel. $100 was cheap in the heat of desert summer.
--
"We recommend using your hand to replace the fuse as it will take much longer using your knee."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I thought I've heard everything on these groups! Attic monkey? hahaha!!

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per taxed and spent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8gLEZ-_70

First thing that came to mind when I watched the vid was retrieval when
it gets stuck.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Have you ever heard of a "Trunk Monkey"? ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WezMQcIiVA0

[8~{} Uncle Monkey Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I need one of those.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 6:04 PM, rebel wrote:
On 5/31/2015 3:36 PM, Oren wrote:
Sure. We don't have conduit for a rat. I paid an "attic monkey" to
cross the attic to bring a dedicated patio circuit wire to the breaker
panel. $100 was cheap in the heat of desert summer.

I thought I've heard everything on these groups! Attic monkey? hahaha!!

One time a friend came out to help with some car
repairs. He brought a friend's ten year old boy
along, called the boy his tool monkey.

Actually, the boy was an excellent help. Sure
saved us a lot of time and effort, having to
roll out, stand up, walk, get down, every time
we needed a tool.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace
and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8gLEZ-_70

I like it. An RC was used by the US Park Service to inspect old
tunnels, chases and catacombs under USP Alcatraz. Mapping and figuring
old construction.

I'm still trying to mount a pc camera on top of a long pole to see what
exactly the clog is in my gutter and figure out how to remove it.
(Heavy water spray moves it but doesn't make it overflow out.)

I've got everything working but the camera is spherical and I can't
point it right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radio Controlled Car for gutters?

On 5/31/2015 8:10 PM, micky wrote:
I'm still trying to mount a pc camera on top of a long pole to see what
exactly the clog is in my gutter and figure out how to remove it.
(Heavy water spray moves it but doesn't make it overflow out.)

I've got everything working but the camera is spherical and I can't
point it right.

For the gutters at my Mom's house, a friend
loaned me electric leaf blower. Did okay. But
my electric pressure washer did a nice job
to blast the leaves out. Straight stream
works best. Range is only about 6 to 8 feet,
so I have to move the ladder several times.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 3:36 PM, Oren wrote:
Sure. We don't have conduit for a rat. I paid an "attic monkey" to
cross the attic to bring a dedicated patio circuit wire to the breaker
panel. $100 was cheap in the heat of desert summer.

I thought I've heard everything on these groups! Attic monkey? hahaha!!

One time a friend came out to help with some car
repairs. He brought a friend's ten year old boy
along, called the boy his tool monkey.

Actually, the boy was an excellent help. Sure
saved us a lot of time and effort, having to
roll out, stand up, walk, get down, every time
we needed a tool.

I'm not much with cars. I'd need the tool monkey and the mechanic.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 10:26 PM, rebel wrote:
Actually, the boy was an excellent help. Sure
saved us a lot of time and effort, having to
roll out, stand up, walk, get down, every time
we needed a tool.

I'm not much with cars. I'd need the tool monkey and the mechanic.

No worries, people have different skills. Sadly,
in this case, the guy is a smoker. I didn't like
that part of the equation.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2015 6:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/31/2015 10:26 PM, rebel wrote:
Actually, the boy was an excellent help. Sure
saved us a lot of time and effort, having to
roll out, stand up, walk, get down, every time
we needed a tool.

I'm not much with cars. I'd need the tool monkey and the mechanic.

No worries, people have different skills. Sadly,
in this case, the guy is a smoker. I didn't like
that part of the equation.

I usually like most people. It's the smoke I can't grow fond of!

--
rebel