Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Ultra Wash 158 31 791 does not drain fully after normal cycle

My Kenmore Ultra Wash 158 31 791 does not drain fully after normal cycle.
It retains an inch or two of water. However, if I interrupt the cycle and
push the CANCEL DRAIN button, the washer goes into a two minute cancel
drain cycle and leave NO water in the bottom. So, I know the drain works
fine, but during a normal cycle, something is amiss.

Suggestions?