DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PING gfretwell - video (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/382849-ping-gfretwell-video.html)

Oren[_2_] May 27th 15 09:04 PM

PING gfretwell - video

Goliath Grouper:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4259540738001/screaming-kayaker-reels-in-goliath-grouper/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/nqul42k

Was it a local guy, near you?

....552 pound fish, ~7' long :)
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising

Uncle Monster[_2_] May 28th 15 01:11 AM

PING gfretwell - video

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 3:04:41 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Goliath Grouper:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4259540738001/screaming-kayaker-reels-in-goliath-grouper/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/nqul42k

Was it a local guy, near you?

...552 pound fish, ~7' long :)
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising

That video is obviously FGI and the pictures I've seen elsewhere are actually fishoshopped. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Fake Monster

Oren[_2_] May 28th 15 08:21 PM

PING gfretwell - video

On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:11:38 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 3:04:41 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Goliath Grouper:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4259540738001/screaming-kayaker-reels-in-goliath-grouper/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/nqul42k

Was it a local guy, near you?

...552 pound fish, ~7' long :)
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising

That video is obviously FGI and the pictures I've seen elsewhere are actually fishoshopped. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Fake Monster

Bah! ABC would not post a doctored photo, right?

Turns out this was an old stomping ground of mine. Dad was a
Carpenter Foreman on the Sanibel Causeway project. Used to be a Ferry
to get to the Island, unless you had a boat. There is a deep hole the
fish love to hang out.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29173383/wow-cape-coral-man-reels-in-552-pound-goliath-grouper
--
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up."
-- Lily Tomlin

Uncle Monster[_2_] May 28th 15 11:34 PM

PING gfretwell - video

wrote:

[...]

We have some very deep lakes here in Alabamastan where sober folks swear to have seen catfish the size of small cars near some of the dams. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Fish Monster

Oren[_2_] May 29th 15 01:35 AM

PING gfretwell - video

On Thu, 28 May 2015 15:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Turns out this was an old stomping ground of mine. Dad was a
Carpenter Foreman on the Sanibel Causeway project. Used to be a Ferry
to get to the Island, unless you had a boat. There is a deep hole the
fish love to hang out.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29173383/wow-cape-coral-man-reels-in-552-pound-goliath-grouper
--

We have some very deep lakes here in Alabamastan where sober folks swear to have seen catfish the size of small cars near some of the dams. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Fish Monster

Run a trot line across the lake. You catch catfish as big as your
leg. Spike 'em to a tree to skin them. BTDT

The line may get softeshell turtles that taste like fried chicken.

Country boys can survive.
--
"Your brain is so scary sometimes... it really is."-Jedediah Bila...