Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power everything has been running

I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day.
Off and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running.
Lawn mower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, power washer, chainsaw, trimmer.

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/25/2015 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

I have neighbors who sit on their deck and seemingly use a bullhorn to
communicate with each other. A nice, quiet lawnmower helps to drown them
out.

Then there's the damn birds with all their chirping and carrying on at
5AM...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2015 12:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day.

I wish I had your problems.

Old gravel pit down the road where the ATV nuts drive around in circles
on home made dirt track on the weekends from sunrise to sunset. Quite
the dust bowl and noise source.

Then the young 20 something living with grandparents down the block
(Daddy shot Mommy, she's dead, he is in jail) comes out every 30 minutes
and fires up his raised up,
Confederate flag waving F-150 with no mufflers so he can smoke more
e-cigarettes in the cab.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 May 2015 12:23:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

I have felt the pain. Worked shift-work for 25 years. Trying to sleep
when people left barking dogs out over night, kids bouncing
basketballs on the street, lawn care, etc., during the day. Most
recent a neighbor had a television on the back patio across the fence.
Turned up so loud, like they were deaf. I had a few choice words
(TURN THAT DAMN THING DOWN!!) - they did move the TV back inside.

I try to take others tranquility into consideration when doing chores.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/25/2015 11:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day. Off
and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running. Lawn
mower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, power washer, chainsaw, trimmer.

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

Quiet here today but here is what has been going on in my normally quiet
neighborhood:

Bulldozer removed the entire alley behind my house
(alley now replaced)

Three garages and one house torn down to make way for three new duplexes

Trees being trimmed and removed.

One of the above broke a gas line and the street has been getting jack
hammered and dug up

Directly across the street, the roof is being torn off for replacement

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:23:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day.
Off and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running.
Lawn mower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, power washer, chainsaw, trimmer.

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

I agree with you.

What happened to the old days when people swept their leaves instead of using a blower ?

I use ear plugs. Used to be only at night.

Not any more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:23:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day.
Off and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running.
Lawn mower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, power washer, chainsaw, trimmer.

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

Ed my friend, I really wish I could do all those things. Heck, I wish I could just walk again. It's so frustrating to be unable to do the simplest things that I could once do without a second thought. Be thankful that you can do all those irritating things, I really miss it. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Crippled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 May 2015 12:23:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

It WOULD be nice, but not likely in a materialistic culture like ours.
Families work hellacious hours to be able to fund their materialism
(Mc Mansion, 2nd, 3rd car/SUV, etc) Home chores are a low priority
that get done as time allows. Usually on a 3-day weekend at home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:
[...]

And all this makes me that much happier to be living in a clearing out in
the woods . I like birdsong in the morning ... and about the only sounds
that the neighbors make (that I hear) makes me think "Randy just shot
another squirrel." and I wonder if he's going to call me when he grills it .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/25/2015 01:12 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
And all this makes me that much happier to be living in a clearing out in
the woods . I like birdsong in the morning ... and about the only sounds
that the neighbors make (that I hear) makes me think "Randy just shot
another squirrel." and I wonder if he's going to call me when he grills it .

I haven't heard him for a while maybe because he finally ran out of
ground squirrels but one neighbor spent his Saturday mornings on the
deck drinking coffee and shooting at the squirrels. Unless it was full
auto fire gunshots aren't something people take much notice of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:12:49 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

... and about the only sounds
that the neighbors make (that I hear) makes me think "Randy just shot
another squirrel." and I wonder if he's going to call me when he grills it .

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/yb0556pb/squirrel-and-gravy.html

And fresh biscuits
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2015 3:25 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/25/2015 01:12 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
And all this makes me that much happier to be living in a clearing out in
the woods . I like birdsong in the morning ... and about the only sounds
that the neighbors make (that I hear) makes me think "Randy just shot
another squirrel." and I wonder if he's going to call me when he
grills it .

I haven't heard him for a while maybe because he finally ran out of
ground squirrels but one neighbor spent his Saturday mornings on the
deck drinking coffee and shooting at the squirrels. Unless it was full
auto fire gunshots aren't something people take much notice of.

About 30 years ago, a friend of my Dad's (lives in the
country, military vet) got tired of the squirrel in
his bird feeder. So, he shot the squirrel. And the next
day another one moved in. So, he shot it. The old veteran
gave up after 300 (three hundred) squirrels.

-

Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/25/2015 12:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/25/2015 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would be
nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors, dinner on
the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4 on Saturday,
noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

I have neighbors who sit on their deck and seemingly use a bullhorn to
communicate with each other. A nice, quiet lawnmower helps to drown them
out.

Then there's the damn birds with all their chirping and carrying on at
5AM...

Tornadoes passed through here yesterday, leaving fallen trees and a
power outage expected to last several days.

It's noisy outside today (chainsaws and generators).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If the Bible is mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we
trust it to tell us where we're going?" [Anonymous]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:07:46 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
[...]

Mark, did you escape damage from the storms? I hope you're OK. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Twister Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/25/2015 11:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership.

The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day.
Off and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running.
Lawn mower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, power washer, chainsaw, trimmer.

I realize this stuff has to be done at some time, but it seems as soon
as one stops, another starts.

Yeah, I know we have rights, freedom and all that stuff, but it would
be nice if we had at least some quiet time to enjoy the outdoors,
dinner on the deck, company of friends. Would be nice if we quit by 4
on Saturday, noon on Sunday. Weekdays, have at it.

I live across the street from a park/lake, so I get both sides. On the
one hand, I feel bad when I'm mowing lawns and the racket is
disturbing the people picnicking and playing in the park. On the other
hand, sometimes large groups gather there for the day, and they
occasionally get pretty noisy themselves. I never knew volleyball
could be so cutthroat.

I really dislike leaf blowers. I have two patios and a ninety foot
driveway, and I use a push broom. Takes longer, but I'm not driving
myself crazy with the loud whine of a blower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2015 1:07 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Tornadoes passed through here yesterday, leaving fallen trees and a
power outage expected to last several days.

It's noisy outside today (chainsaws and generators).

I've forgotten what city, state, country,
got the tornados? Please write and tell us.

I sure hope everyone is okay, not injured,
and got plenty to eat, drink, medicines.

Can we do anything to help?
-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/26/2015 02:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Mark, did you escape damage from the storms? I hope you're OK. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Twister Monster

All the damage I've found so far at my house, is a 6-inch tree limb from
a Bradford Pear. It didn't fall on anything.

There is serious damage nearby, including a Family Dollar store that
lost a roof. Power is back on in some parts of town, but not yet where I
live.

Cable (Suddenlink) is out, so I'm posting this using a wireless
connection (Ting 3G, which uses Sprint).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A good rule for interpretation is: 'If the literal sense makes good
sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'" [Anonymous]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/26/2015 03:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/26/2015 1:07 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Tornadoes passed through here yesterday, leaving fallen trees and a
power outage expected to last several days.

It's noisy outside today (chainsaws and generators).

I've forgotten what city, state, country,
got the tornados? Please write and tell us.

northeast Texas and Louisiana.

I sure hope everyone is okay, not injured,
and got plenty to eat, drink, medicines.

Can we do anything to help?
-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A good rule for interpretation is: 'If the literal sense makes good
sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'" [Anonymous]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 2:04:26 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/26/2015 02:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Mark, did you escape damage from the storms? I hope you're OK. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Twister Monster

All the damage I've found so far at my house, is a 6-inch tree limb from
a Bradford Pear. It didn't fall on anything.

There is serious damage nearby, including a Family Dollar store that
lost a roof. Power is back on in some parts of town, but not yet where I
live.

Cable (Suddenlink) is out, so I'm posting this using a wireless
connection (Ting 3G, which uses Sprint).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Glad to see that you're OK. I've lost all sorts of stuff to bad weather here in Alabamastan. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Weather Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/26/2015 03:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/26/2015 1:07 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Tornadoes passed through here yesterday, leaving fallen trees and a
power outage expected to last several days.

It's noisy outside today (chainsaws and generators).

I've forgotten what city, state, country,
got the tornados? Please write and tell us.

I sure hope everyone is okay, not injured,
and got plenty to eat, drink, medicines.

Can we do anything to help?

I must of hit 'send' too soon.

The South Main Church of Christ in Henderson TX is giving out food and
water to those who need it.

.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A good rule for interpretation is: 'If the literal sense makes good
sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'" [Anonymous]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2015 3:29 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/26/2015 03:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/26/2015 1:07 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Tornadoes passed through here yesterday, leaving fallen trees and a
power outage expected to last several days.

It's noisy outside today (chainsaws and generators).

I've forgotten what city, state, country,
got the tornados? Please write and tell us.

I sure hope everyone is okay, not injured,
and got plenty to eat, drink, medicines.

Can we do anything to help?

I must of hit 'se[no worries.]nd' too soon.

The South Main Church of Christ in [Well, that's rather nice of

them. Hope they get a lot of good will in the community, and
see a major increase in donations and Sunday fellowship.]
Henderson TX is giving out food and
water to those who need it.

.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Then there's the damn birds with all their chirping and carrying on at

5AM...

You've got lazy birds. A few nights ago when it was cool we were sleeping
with the windows open but we had to shut them and turn on the AC because of
the incredible bird squawking that was going on at 2:45AM. By the time the
sun had risen, they were all as quiet as church mice.

--
Bobby G.