DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   fuse guide (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/382565-fuse-guide.html)

philo April 22nd 15 12:35 PM

fuse guide

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...0d&oe=559BB2D5

Jeff Wisnia[_9_] April 22nd 15 05:49 PM

fuse guide

philo wrote:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...0d&oe=559BB2D5

Poor attempt at humor...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Oren[_2_] April 22nd 15 07:52 PM

fuse guide

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:49:35 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...0d&oe=559BB2D5

Poor attempt at humor...

Jeff

Wrong. I have used foil or a penny for a fuse, knowing not to do so.
Fortunate no harm. I can make smoke before the fire.

By accident, I nearly had a wrench weld to a fender, battery work knee
deep in swamp water.

The selection of fuses in the link are humorous, unless you just fell
off the turnip truck and don't get it.
--
"Your brain is so scary sometimes... it really is."-Jedediah Bila...

philo April 22nd 15 09:05 PM

fuse guide

On 04/22/2015 11:49 AM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

philo wrote:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...0d&oe=559BB2D5

Poor attempt at humor...

Jeff

Was not humor, (except for the bullet)

those are actual ratings

philo April 22nd 15 09:18 PM

fuse guide

wrote:

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...0d&oe=559BB2D5

Poor attempt at humor...

Jeff

Wrong. I have used foil or a penny for a fuse, knowing not to do so.
Fortunate no harm. I can make smoke before the fire.

By accident, I nearly had a wrench weld to a fender, battery work knee
deep in swamp water.

The selection of fuses in the link are humorous, unless you just fell
off the turnip truck and don't get it.

Probably posted this before...but worked with industrial batteries for
38 years. Only once did I short one out. A large rack-mounted stationary
battery. I took out a 1000 amp fuse.

Here is what's left of my socket wrench

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...22757588_o.jpg