DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - credit card upgrade question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/382449-re-ot-credit-card-upgrade-question.html)

Ed Pawlowski April 10th 15 02:00 AM

OT - credit card upgrade question

On 4/9/2015 2:26 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Got a note today from one of my card providers.
They will soon be sending me upgrade, a card
with RFID chip.

They say that the chip will provide a unique
transaction ID number for each purcahse, which
will make fraud less likely.

I'm thinking about the various Youtube videos of
guys walking around malls with scanners, and
harvesting CC numbers and personal data.

Should I destroy the FRFID and just use the
magnetic swipe?

They have been around for a while. If there were problems, the CC
issuers would have stopped making them.