Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is wrong with Store Clerks?

On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 06:27:32 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

They probably have a great big recycling bin for bags; at least, grocery
stores have them. If you bring your own bag, then YOU won't be wasting
bags and you have fewer to carry. I keep mine, with my umbrella, in a
door pocket so I can grab them on my way into the store.

The dollar stores around here DO NOT have a recycle bin for bags or
anything else. In fact this one (where I had the problem) dont even
have a trash barrel outside. If I get too many bags and use a shopping
cart, I toss all the extra bags in the cart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 12:24:11 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 2:21:11 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/7/2015 1:54 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank:
I shop the dollar store for certain items but would never buy something
that needs to be ingested.

+1... and that goes triple for anything from mainland China.

Lot of good stuff comes from China but even some of their manufacturers
do no know exactly what goes into their products. I was trying to do
some work for one several years ago and needed to know the composition
of his dyestuffs. After about 20 emails of not getting information I
told him to take his work elsewhere.

my GF has twice bought $99.00 q tips from dollar stores.

both times the cotton swab came off and got stuuck in my ear.....

99 bucks at the docs for removal....

May I suggest you not buy costly 99 dollar Q-Tips at a Dollar store?
You must live in high-cotton or high on the hog
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They probably have a great big recycling bin for bags; at least, grocery
stores have them. If you bring your own bag, then YOU won't be wasting
bags and you have fewer to carry. I keep mine, with my umbrella, in a
door pocket so I can grab them on my way into the store.

The dollar stores around here DO NOT have a recycle bin for bags or
anything else.

He said grocery stores...

In fact this one (where I had the problem) dont even
have a trash barrel outside. If I get too many bags and use a shopping
cart, I toss all the extra bags in the cart.

....and that probably accounts for all the ones I see hanging in the trees, that have blown out of your friggin' cart!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/7/2015 3:31 PM, notbob wrote:
IOW, why you telling us?

nb

You haven't figured that out yet? Attention whores stop at nothing to
accomplish their craving.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 04/06/2015 04:49 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 4:42:53 PM UTC-5,
wrote:

I was really ****ed that she tossed those extra bags in the garbage, so
when I got home, I phoned the company and complained about their clerk
being wasteful. They said they require all the things she said, such as
the oil not being placed in a bag of food and cold cuts separated, etc.
I told them I DO NOT appreciate having to make 3 or more trips from my
car to my house, when I get home, particularly when it's winter (which
it was)......

In this instance you were the PITA, and the cause of being wasteful.
There's no reason you can't have 3 plastic bags in each hand...did you
get yourself some diapers?

I agree.

There is no way I'd have motor oil in the same bag with food, etc

+1
I have dozen or so reusable cloth bags in my car always. There is
not much to buy at dollar store any how.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:06:43 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 6:23:38 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

They have advertised on tv some bigger ones, that stand up on their own,
but right now my home-replaced rear window is letting all the rain into
my trunk. Maybe after I fix that.

If you are talking about those green Grab Bags they advertise on TV they are not very large,

Yeah, that's what I meant. But if they're not very large, that may be a
big problem. Thanks for the warning.

but still nice bags in that they will attach to the cart sides and stand up and stay open. If you are interested in these you can buy them at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for the same price as advertised on TV

It would be a lot easier to judge the size in person, than holding my
groceries up to the TV screen. Thanks.

and mostly likely they can be purchased at Target and Walgreen's. If you have a BB&B $5 off coupon even better.

There is another version of these called Cart Helper bags that are about 4-5 times larger and attach to the cart and will stay open. I've been using a set for about 10 years. Great product! I unload them onto the grocery conveyor belt and the bagger puts them back in after ringing up. It has cut down on those annoying plastic bags tremendously

I'll look for those. Thanks a third time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was really ****ed that she tossed those extra bags in the garbage, so
when I got home, I phoned the company and complained about their clerk
being wasteful. They said they require all the things she said, such as
the oil not being placed in a bag of food and cold cuts separated, etc.
I told them I DO NOT appreciate having to make 3 or more trips from my
car to my house, when I get home, particularly when it's winter (which
it was)......

In this instance you were the PITA, and the cause of being wasteful.
There's no reason you can't have 3 plastic bags in each hand...did you
get yourself some diapers?

I agree.

There is no way I'd have motor oil in the same bag with food, etc

While I agree that this sort of hissy fit is a worse problem in society
than plastic bags, I want to inqui why not motor oil on your food?
I have eaten many a meal with motor oil/brake fluid/gasoline/etc. soaked
hands and never had a problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's fine for you (or me) but no good for the civilians.

--
Dan Espen

Electricity store? harry UK diy 27 July 19th 13 09:49 PM
New store komar1970 Metalworking 3 February 3rd 11 04:09 AM
new store komar1970 Metalworking 1 February 2nd 11 01:52 AM
I think Bush was wrong and Obama is three times as wrong as Bush was. Ed Huntress Metalworking 4 September 10th 09 04:00 AM
New Store Richard Woodworking 1 November 4th 05 04:29 AM