Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have experience with old glyphosate concentrate (akaRoundup)?

My off-brand 41% glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup) was sitting
outside since last year (I just found it, where I last left it).
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7591/1...722ca52a_c.jpg

Two quick questions:

1. Anyone have experience with roundup concentrate left in the sun
for a year? To give you a hint of the sun's power, that spray
container used to be bright yellow.

2. The label is gone.
Do you remember offhand the number of cups to gallons?
(I'll look it up, so the first question is more important.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Danny D. wrote:
My off-brand 41% glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup) was sitting
outside since last year (I just found it, where I last left it).
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7591/1...722ca52a_c.jpg

Two quick questions:

1. Anyone have experience with roundup concentrate left in the sun
for a year? To give you a hint of the sun's power, that spray
container used to be bright yellow.

2. The label is gone.
Do you remember offhand the number of cups to gallons?
(I'll look it up, so the first question is more important.)

1. I suspect it is fine. Mine isn't out in the sun but it is always dark
brown (the liquid)

2. My normal dilution is 65oz to 35 gallons of water.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 7:36:26 AM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:
Danny D. wrote:
My off-brand 41% glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup) was sitting
outside since last year (I just found it, where I last left it).
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7591/1...722ca52a_c.jpg

Two quick questions:

1. Anyone have experience with roundup concentrate left in the sun
for a year? To give you a hint of the sun's power, that spray
container used to be bright yellow.

2. The label is gone.
Do you remember offhand the number of cups to gallons?
(I'll look it up, so the first question is more important.)

1. I suspect it is fine. Mine isn't out in the sun but it is always dark
brown (the liquid)

2. My normal dilution is 65oz to 35 gallons of water.

--

dadiOH

I would think it's fine too. I've kept a similar jug in a garage
year round for 10 years and it was still good. Garage easily gets
into the 90s during summer, down to around freezing in winter. I just
bought a new jug. In any case, it's easy to determine. If he mixes up
a tank, it either works or it doesn't.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dadiOH wrote, on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:36:09 -0400:

1. I suspect it is fine. Mine isn't out in the sun but it is always dark
brown (the liquid)

2. My normal dilution is 65oz to 35 gallons of water.

I forgot to mention the color. Mine is currently light brown and
thick and syrupy. It's the 41% stuff, so, the percentage might matter.

65oz/35g is approximately 2 ounces per gallon. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote, on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:23:08 -0700:

In any case, it's easy to determine. If he mixes up
a tank, it either works or it doesn't.

This is true, but since I haven't used it, I was thinking of giving
it to a neighbor, but, I didn't want him to have a dud.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 03/15/2015 10:17 AM, Danny D. wrote:
trader_4 wrote, on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:23:08 -0700:

In any case, it's easy to determine. If he mixes up
a tank, it either works or it doesn't.

This is true, but since I haven't used it, I was thinking of giving
it to a neighbor, but, I didn't want him to have a dud.

Well, he's only out a little time and water; tell him what the deal is
and he can choose to accept/decline...

Use a lot on ag purposes, heat and cold will degrade efficacy;
impossible to predict precisely how much. You can, if you wish, try to
judge from

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=0CDwQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sciencepu b.net%2Fnature%2Fns0908%2F24_5701ns0908_111_121.pd f&ei=9aQFVaHjMuzjsATvqICoAQ&usg=AFQjCNEswVhOnmWwZz svgrUha3ogZmQbpw&sig2=XIW3rSbOi95NbQzmITSvGg&bvm=b v.88198703,d.cWc

It'll still have some effectiveness; only way to know how much will be
to give it a go and see. I'd suggest if do try to use it up to increase
rate above nominal by 25% or so to start and test spray.

For ag use we'd just discard any because couldn't afford the expense of
a possible failure and necessary mulligan; for homeowner use there's
really no penalty other than some additional effort maybe...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 11:17:23 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
dadiOH wrote, on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:36:09 -0400:

1. I suspect it is fine. Mine isn't out in the sun but it is always dark
brown (the liquid)

2. My normal dilution is 65oz to 35 gallons of water.

I forgot to mention the color. Mine is currently light brown and
thick and syrupy. It's the 41% stuff, so, the percentage might matter.

65oz/35g is approximately 2 ounces per gallon. Thanks.

It's tan and syrupy when new, isn't it? I was using mine for
10+ years. I don't remember for sure what it looked like on day
1, but at the end it looked like that and still worked fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 08:21:02 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

My off-brand 41% glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup) was sitting
outside since last year (I just found it, where I last left it).
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7591/1...722ca52a_c.jpg

Two quick questions:

1. Anyone have experience with roundup concentrate left in the sun
for a year? To give you a hint of the sun's power, that spray
container used to be bright yellow.

2. The label is gone.
Do you remember offhand the number of cups to gallons?
(I'll look it up, so the first question is more important.)

Did it ever freeze? That would be more important than sunlight. Although
it can lose its effectiveness when left in the sun too long.

2-3 oz/gal is a good rate to use. I spray it on a bi-weekly basis using
2.5 oz/gallon and it is very effective.

Glyphosate kill delay Windmill[_5_] UK diy 29 August 20th 13 11:45 AM
Roundup Concentrate cj Home Repair 22 September 5th 12 05:41 PM
C/H Concentrate addative ? [email protected] UK diy 2 August 19th 09 05:56 PM
C/H addatives/concentrate [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 19th 09 11:16 AM
Adding Sentinel X100 concentrate. [email protected] UK diy 21 November 5th 08 10:55 PM