Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Natural gas smell in water (from water heater) HELP !

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 15:05:07 -0500, micky
wrote:

If you don't care about living, you have a duty to your neighbors to
call the gas company and let them find the leak or decide there is none.

I'd get family out of the house/apt and call the fire department
_BEFORE_ the gas company. It's a best practice approach.

As you say, if it is a gas leak, she has a "duty" to her neighbors.

Is she still around to inform us of her problem? Have the pets
survived?

Canaries are goners...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am currently caring for a vacant home, the family moved in with us after the boiler broke, had no heat in sub freezing weather, and the home began to freeze, breaking water lines etc thru he home. the owner of the building is in prison.

some electric heater were provinding a little heat. the homes are very close together I didnt want the home to become a neighborhood nuisane. so I called the pittsburgh water authority they refused to turn off the water, insisting on needing to talk to the home owner. he couldnt call them he is in prison....

well once the water line broke, flooding the neighbors basement the water company turned off the water at the curb. the main valve was bad and couldnt be shut off in the basement.

I then called the gas company, reported a gas leak, they turned it off.

electric was more resistant, til I said if a fire destroys the neighbors homes you will see me on TV, reporting you refused to turn it off.

I dont want to provide electric to the scrappers, since they will be ripping out the copper pipes shortly.