Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Follow up to my new furnace

On 02/27/2015 06:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/27/2015 10:43 AM, philo wrote:
Now that it's been in here about a month, the outfit that installed it
returned here at no charge just to check and ensure all was OK.

With my old furnace I had adjusted all vents myself but when they got
here they re-did it.

Works much better now. The rooms are more evenly heated and there is
considerably less noise.

Good to hear. Hope you save a bundle on fuel too.

It will be hard to tell as it's been extremely cold but when my energy
bill comes I'll find out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2015 10:32 PM, philo wrote:

It will be hard to tell as it's been extremely cold but when my energy
bill comes I'll find out.

Check out the degree days for a given period for the meter reading.
www.degreedays.net has the information. You can get the past history.
Using degree days is more accurate than just comparing January to
January. Easy to do if you have a spreadsheet.

Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
run my oil forced air furnace once a month in the summer to keep the furnace from rusting clickclack Home Repair 7 July 7th 06 10:55 PM
Thick accordion-type furnace filters - can I retrofit furnace for standard? bryanska Home Ownership 1 August 9th 05 09:24 PM
Vanguard/Dynavent wall furnace follow up Mikepier Home Repair 5 April 12th 05 12:16 PM
Furnace does not follow thermostat setup ??? 'ole Home Repair 3 January 15th 05 08:16 PM