DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas drier problem (add'l) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/379222-re-gas-drier-problem-addl.html)

philo March 2nd 15 02:32 AM

Gas drier problem (add'l)

I opened the back and found a schematic which is a little help but it
does not show the moisture sensor...which could possibly be faulty.

I did have a spare "heated thermostat" so replaced it and will see what
happens.

A "heated thermostat" has a small heater resistor which causes the
thermostat to cycle off more rapidly on the low setting.

philo March 2nd 15 03:35 AM

Gas drier problem (add'l)

On 03/01/2015 08:32 PM, philo wrote:

I opened the back and found a schematic which is a little help but it
does not show the moisture sensor...which could possibly be faulty.

I did have a spare "heated thermostat" so replaced it and will see what
happens.

A "heated thermostat" has a small heater resistor which causes the
thermostat to cycle off more rapidly on the low setting.

Hmmm, it's working now. Glad I had the part as it would not be likely
I'd get a replacement on a Sunday night.

[email protected] March 2nd 15 04:00 AM

Gas drier problem (add'l)

Would be a good idea to also check that the
Exhaust duct is clear.

Mark

philo March 2nd 15 11:47 AM

Gas drier problem (add'l)

On 03/01/2015 10:00 PM, wrote:
Would be a good idea to also check that the
Exhaust duct is clear.

Mark

That was the first thing I checked even though I cleaned the exhaust
vent about six months ago...it was not at all blocked and just had a
handful of lint in it.