DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Identify Furnace Air Filter Please (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/377437-identify-furnace-air-filter-please.html)

OldGuy January 4th 15 12:28 AM

Identify Furnace Air Filter Please

I have an furnace electrostatic air filter.
It is just a filter about one inch thick and replaces the standard old
fashioned air filter.
It was cut to size and the frame was trimmed and screwed together.
The frame and grate on both sides is black.

A white and blue label with an air flow arrow and white lettering on the
side says:

Electrostatic
AirCleaner.

The l in Electrostatic is a lightning bolt.

Under the arrow it says in very fine print:

Electrostatic AIR FLOW INDICATOR

Can someone identify the manufacturer.
I have blown it out but wonder if I can wash it.

I Googled but so far no success.

TIA

Tony Hwang January 4th 15 12:35 AM

OldGuy wrote:
I have an furnace electrostatic air filter.
It is just a filter about one inch thick and replaces the standard old
fashioned air filter.
It was cut to size and the frame was trimmed and screwed together.
The frame and grate on both sides is black.

A white and blue label with an air flow arrow and white lettering on the
side says:

Electrostatic
AirCleaner.

The l in Electrostatic is a lightning bolt.

Under the arrow it says in very fine print:

Electrostatic AIR FLOW INDICATOR

Can someone identify the manufacturer.
I have blown it out but wonder if I can wash it.

I Googled but so far no success.

TIA

Hi,
Forget about it, just replace it with good quality ordinary filter
(like a 3M or Honeywell brand) and replace it regularly.
That thing restricts air flow real bad and does not do much filtering
either.(=snake oil)

philo [_2_] January 4th 15 12:37 AM

On 01/03/2015 06:28 PM, OldGuy wrote:
I have an furnace electrostatic air filter.
It is just a filter about one inch thick and replaces the standard old
fashioned air filter.
It was cut to size and the frame was trimmed and screwed together.
The frame and grate on both sides is black.

A white and blue label with an air flow arrow and white lettering on the
side says:

Electrostatic
AirCleaner.

The l in Electrostatic is a lightning bolt.

Under the arrow it says in very fine print:

Electrostatic AIR FLOW INDICATOR

Can someone identify the manufacturer.
I have blown it out but wonder if I can wash it.

I Googled but so far no success.

TIA

Yep I have one and it's washable

best to direct the water in the reverse direction of the air flow.

BTW: How is it working for you? I am using it in place of a
disposable HEPA filter and I may go back to the original...it only seems
to be doing a "fair" job.