DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garage door opener malfunction (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/375413-garage-door-opener-malfunction.html)

Murph[_2_] October 29th 14 10:19 PM

Garage door opener malfunction

My garage door has been working fine up until last week. It will not work (for the most part) when I am outside. If I am inside it works fine. Sometimes it will work if I am standing right outside the door. I have replaced the battery in both remotes and reprogramed them. Still nothing. The outside keypad works and the inside one too. It is a 3 yr old liftmaster. Anyone have any ideas before I make the appointment for a service call?

Bob F October 29th 14 10:58 PM

Murph wrote:
My garage door has been working fine up until last week. It will not
work (for the most part) when I am outside. If I am inside it works
fine. Sometimes it will work if I am standing right outside the
door. I have replaced the battery in both remotes and reprogramed
them. Still nothing. The outside keypad works and the inside one
too. It is a 3 yr old liftmaster. Anyone have any ideas before I
make the appointment for a service call?

Is there an exterior antenna wire that might have gotten cut, grounded or
otherwise messed up?