Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in theCalifornia redwoods

First and foremost, I think what you're doing is awesome. I love it.

But I do have to wonder what your insurance company would say.
Couple years ago, the Safeco underwriter drove by my house and noticed my decks were 25-32" above ground level and I didn't have a proper railing around them.
Safeco gave me 180 days to bring it to code or they were going to refuse to renew.

I think the Safeco guy would literally **** if he saw your deck! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

_G_0_D_ wrote, on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:42:03 -0400:

I think the Safeco guy would literally **** if he saw your deck! ;-)

Luckily, it's many hundreds of feet deep into the woods, where
nobody goes (but us).
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:34:02 PM UTC-6, Danny D. wrote:
_G_0_D_ wrote, on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:42:03 -0400:

I think the Safeco guy would literally **** if he saw your deck! ;-)

Luckily, it's many hundreds of feet deep into the woods, where
nobody goes (but us).

Danny,I am predicting complete and utter destruction of the whole shebang come one god-almighty storm. All of your considerable work will be for naught. Mother nature is going to tag you real good. Please be careful.
===
Posted to alt.home.repair

Roy wrote, on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:55:05 -0700:

Danny,I am predicting complete and utter destruction of the whole
shebang come one god-almighty storm. All of your considerable work will
be for naught. Mother nature is going to tag you real good. Please be
careful.

We *do* get winds upwards of 90 mph very commonly out here, since we're
exposed to the Pacific Ocean. When it rains, it often rains horizontally,
coming in from the Pacific Ocean, and hits the windows sideways.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:18:20 PM UTC-6, Danny D. wrote:
Roy wrote, on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:55:05 -0700:

Danny,I am predicting complete and utter destruction of the whole
shebang come one god-almighty storm. All of your considerable work will
be for naught. Mother nature is going to tag you real good. Please be
careful.

We *do* get winds upwards of 90 mph very commonly out here, since we're
exposed to the Pacific Ocean. When it rains, it often rains horizontally,
coming in from the Pacific Ocean, and hits the windows sideways.

So, long time no hear from you progress or disastrous collapse. Just curious...how is it going?