Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Armstrong Ultra SX 90 Furnace Question

On Monday, December 30, 2002 10:28:58 PM UTC-5, tamboril wrote:
I have noticed this winter that the furnace has begun to act weird. A lot
of the time now the exhaust motor starts up and runs for a long time, but
the burner doesn't start. Then a few minutes later, it all comes on like
normal. Sometimes the burner does start up, then stops, then the blower
comes on for a short time.

It seems to hold the house at temp, but I don't think it acted like this
last year, and I'm a little worried.

I just replace the digital thermostat with a brand new one, but it didn't
help.

One other thing: when it was having troubles once, I cranked the thermostat
setting way up to try to force it to light. It didn't make any difference.
The exhaust motor kept running, but nothing else.

Any ideas?

erre
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2014 04:35 PM, wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE YOU FOOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 10/20/2014 04:35 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 30, 2002 10:28:58 PM UTC-5, tamboril wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE YOU FOOL

Some people don't bother setting time or their PC BIOS battery is gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 30, 2002 10:28:58 PM UTC-5, tamboril wrote:
I have noticed this winter that the furnace has begun to act weird. A lot
of the time now the exhaust motor starts up and runs for a long time, but
the burner doesn't start. Then a few minutes later, it all comes on like
normal. Sometimes the burner does start up, then stops, then the blower
comes on for a short time.

It seems to hold the house at temp, but I don't think it acted like this
last year, and I'm a little worried.

I just replace the digital thermostat with a brand new one, but it didn't
help.

One other thing: when it was having troubles once, I cranked the thermostat
setting way up to try to force it to light. It didn't make any difference.
The exhaust motor kept running, but nothing else.

Any ideas?

Maybe the gonkulator valve is stuck. Try squirting some WD-40 on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 30, 2002 10:28:58 PM UTC-5, tamboril wrote:
LOOK AT THE DATE YOU FOOL

Some people don't bother setting time or their PC BIOS battery is gone.

Does not make a difference, the news server puts the correct date on the
post.

Most of those replying to ten year old posts...come from Google Groups.

I've noticed that about Google Gropers.

--
..
Christopher A. Young