DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sprinkler controller problem - Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/373989-re-sprinkler-controller-problem-irritrol-rain-dial-rd-600-a.html)

Phyl Smith September 5th 14 07:44 PM

Sprinkler controller problem - Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600

replying to Peabody, Phyl Smith wrote:
waybackKILLSPAM44 wrote:

My neightbor has a lawn sprinkler system using a Rain Dial
controller. The controller won't turn on any of the five valves.
I switch the controller to Run/Manual, swtich to a specific
valve, put run time that valve and hit the Manual start button.
Instead of turning on that valve, I get a flashing OFF. According
to the manual this indicates the solenoid is shorted or there is
some other electrical problem.

Problem for me occurred on an Irritrol KwikDial KD9-INT -- flickering
display + when turned to OFF, a flickering OFF on the display. Another
person in this forum replaced the big power supply capacitor on the
electronic board (in my case the board was labeled 102-2057 Rev B
22639561) which fixed the problem. Did the same thing on the KD9 -- i.e.
the C4 220uf/35v capacitor was replaced and the problem was fixed.

Oren[_2_] September 5th 14 08:36 PM

Sprinkler controller problem - Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:44:02 +0000, Phyl Smith
wrote:

Problem for me occurred on an Irritrol KwikDial KD9-INT -- flickering
display + when turned to OFF, a flickering OFF on the display. Another
person in this forum replaced the big power supply capacitor on the
electronic board (in my case the board was labeled 102-2057 Rev B
22639561) which fixed the problem. Did the same thing on the KD9 -- i.e.
the C4 220uf/35v capacitor was replaced and the problem was fixed.

Did you try to unplug the power? A Power surge can temporarily corrupt
the EPROM on the unit.