Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Ron Ron is offline

Default Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cableends?

Avraham Bernholz wrote:

Chris Uppal wrote, on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:47:03 +0100:

Price ? Brand ?

I don't have the original shrinkwrap, but it was generic
Frys stuff. I will have to go back and look at the brand,
but, how does *that* help?

Let's say the brand is "made in China" stuff?
Is that necessarily better or worse than "made in anywhere else"
stuff?

I'm sure if the brand were "Belken", it would be good, but,
I think this was just generic stuff. Why should something as
simple as a cable need to be name brand anyway?

And, what is a name brand (other than Belken) anyway, for
cables?

I just bought some from Dollar Tree for $1 each. They are bright
green, so they'll be easy to spot, when I need one.

Just bought some?

I don't see any USB cables listed using their search engine.

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/se...=usb%20cab le

Maybe it's just a product that they occasionally have so it isn't listed
on their website?

Also, are the cables data cables or are they for charging only?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

Ron wrote:

Avraham Bernholz wrote:

[...]

They are not always in stock, so they aren't on their website. They
are data cables. There are four or five stores around here, and one is
close to the grocery store I use. Another is next to the harbor Freight
store, and a third near Office Depot. The others are further than it's
worth to drive to, for a couple $1 items

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
Ron Ron is offline

Ron wrote:

Avraham Bernholz wrote:

[...]

Thanks! I need a data cable for my Kindle Fire and a dollar is a great deal.