Posted to alt.home.repair

Default After-market battery for Uninterruptible Power Supply -- one user's experience

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:14:10 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
..

Thank you for the first hand experience. I'll make a point
to avoid the Walmart storage batteries, then.

Just avoid Walmart altogether and save yourself a LOT of heartache.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
.

Thank you for the first hand experience. I'll make a point
to avoid the Walmart storage batteries, then.

Just avoid Walmart altogether and save yourself a LOT of heartache.

Can't say I've experienced problems with walmart batteries. I dont go there
often, but when I do, I prefer deep discharge. Got one been on charge for
two years off solar. Can feed 1000 watt sine inverter. Far cheaper than
kmart or sears, by 40%

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/24/14 03:44 am, gregz wrote:

Can't say I've experienced problems with walmart batteries. I dont go there
often, but when I do, I prefer deep discharge. Got one been on charge for
two years off solar. Can feed 1000 watt sine inverter. Far cheaper than
kmart or sears, by 40%

Unless it's a sealed battery, I hope you're keeping the electrolyte
topped up.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/2014 7:02 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 08/24/14 03:44 am, gregz wrote:

I prefer deep discharge. Got one been on charge for
two years off solar. Can feed 1000 watt sine inverter. Far cheaper than
kmart or sears, by 40%

Unless it's a sealed battery, I hope you're keeping the electrolyte
topped up.

Perce

Yep, use Gatorade, or other sports drink?
Red Bull, or five hour power shots?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
On 08/24/14 03:44 am, gregz wrote:

Can't say I've experienced problems with walmart batteries. I dont go there
often, but when I do, I prefer deep discharge. Got one been on charge for
two years off solar. Can feed 1000 watt sine inverter. Far cheaper than
kmart or sears, by 40%

Unless it's a sealed battery, I hope you're keeping the electrolyte topped up.

Perce

I should check it. I have it set for 13.8 volts charge, and it's
temperature monitored. Bubbling should be minimal. I think it's an 80 Ahr.

Greg