DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mini Mag LED bulb for home repairing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/371568-mini-mag-led-bulb-home-repairing.html)

Stormin Mormon[_10_] June 8th 14 02:01 AM

Mini Mag LED bulb for home repairing

Just got a conversion from Ebay, which isn't quite
doing well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AA-MINI-MAG-...E:L:OC:US:3160

The bulb is a bit too wide, and it
drags and doesn't work dependably. Anyone have a
URL for one which is about 1 watt, and works
nicely? I can use it for home repairs in dark
corners.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

J Burns June 8th 14 07:39 AM

On 6/7/14, 9:01 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just got a conversion from Ebay, which isn't quite
doing well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AA-MINI-MAG-...E:L:OC:US:3160

The bulb is a bit too wide, and it
drags and doesn't work dependably. Anyone have a
URL for one which is about 1 watt, and works
nicely? I can use it for home repairs in dark
corners.

I got a Fenix headlamp 15 months ago, and that's all I ever use for a
work light. No hands. On high, it's about 1.8 W, but I almost always
run at 1/2 W. Flip diffuser. I've used it about a dozen times a day
with only two problems: once I needed to squirt contact cleaner in the
switch, and sometimes I'd forget where I put it down. A little pink
tape fixed that.

It gets all that power from a single Eneloop AA. That's my favorite
part. It's easy to keep a spare cell in my pocket, and I can change it
in the rain in pitch dark without taking the light off my head, holding
an umbrella with my other hand.