DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The oven of my JBP29G will no heat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/371427-oven-my-jbp29g-will-no-heat.html)

Dee June 3rd 14 04:44 PM

The oven of my JBP29G will no heat

The top burners, oven light and clock still work. When I press the 'bake'
button and turn the select knob to 300 - the display shows 100 and on but
after a couple seconds there is a beep and that disappears and only shows
the clock.

BenignBodger June 3rd 14 11:40 PM

On 6/3/2014 11:44 AM, Dee wrote:
The top burners, oven light and clock still work. When I press the 'bake'
button and turn the select knob to 300 - the display shows 100 and on but
after a couple seconds there is a beep and that disappears and only shows
the clock.

GE Electric range? You don't say. If so, you need to determine if the
problem is the control circuit or the heating element. Measuring the
continuity of the heating element will tell you whether it has a chance of
working. If that sentence didn't make perfect sense then don't even attempt
to do anything with it; just call for service (or at least phone GE and ask
them what to do next).