DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Curling wallpaper (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/369754-curling-wallpaper.html)

gary April 14th 14 02:23 AM

Curling wallpaper

How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can re-glue it to the wall?

Julie Bove April 14th 14 03:29 AM

Curling wallpaper

"gary" wrote in message
How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can
re-glue it to the wall?

I just reglued. Don't think you can soften it.

Oren[_2_] April 14th 14 03:31 AM

Curling wallpaper

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 18:23:10 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can re-glue it to the wall?

I'm not sure what is used in Lake Forest, California, but would steam
from a steam iron work?

How big are these curls?

[email protected] April 14th 14 04:02 AM

Curling wallpaper

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:23:10 PM UTC-5, gary wrote:
How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can re-glue it to the wall?

sTEAM WOULD SOFTEN IT, BUT YOU SHOULD USE NEW GLUE.

Norminn April 14th 14 11:25 AM

Curling wallpaper

On 4/13/2014 9:23 PM, gary wrote:
How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can re-glue it to the wall?

I would first apply paste, then press with a damp cloth and low setting
on steam iron. Brief heat should soften it, then tape seam with
painters' tape until the paste dries.