DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gas oven takes a long time to preheat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/369222-gas-oven-takes-long-time-preheat.html)

[email protected] March 27th 14 09:31 PM

gas oven takes a long time to preheat

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

Tony Hwang March 27th 14 09:44 PM

wrote:
My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

Hi,
Did it work fine and now changed behavior?

Stormin Mormon[_10_] March 27th 14 10:08 PM

On 3/27/2014 5:31 PM, wrote:
My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

With energy efficiency standards now days, that
might be the best you can do.

I'd ask the store or manufacturer if you'd get
faster preheat times, if you put a cake pan of
low octane gasoline in the broiler, and lit that
off as part of the preheat.

Are you certified for thermite? That might help.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Oren[_2_] March 27th 14 10:15 PM

gas oven takes a long time to preheat

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:44:40 -0600, Tony Hwang

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

Hi,
Did it work fine and now changed behavior?

Propane or NG?

philo [_2_] March 28th 14 12:22 AM

On 03/27/2014 05:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/27/2014 5:31 PM, wrote:
My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do
to improve this situation? GP

With energy efficiency standards now days, that
might be the best you can do.

I'd ask the store or manufacturer if you'd get
faster preheat times, if you put a cake pan of
low octane gasoline in the broiler, and lit that
off as part of the preheat.

Are you certified for thermite? That might help.

The guy may be casting his own gold ingots.
It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Oren[_2_] March 28th 14 12:37 AM

On 3/27/2014 5:31 PM, wrote:
My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do
to improve this situation? GP

With energy efficiency standards now days, that
might be the best you can do.

I'd ask the store or manufacturer if you'd get
faster preheat times, if you put a cake pan of
low octane gasoline in the broiler, and lit that
off as part of the preheat.

Are you certified for thermite? That might help.

The guy may be casting his own gold ingots.
It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Grace is a she. It take high heat to spark Thermite, so I've read.

philo [_2_] March 28th 14 12:47 AM

On 03/27/2014 07:37 PM, Oren wrote:

The guy may be casting his own gold ingots.
It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Grace is a she. It take high heat to spark Thermite, so I've read.

Ooops my dumb joke just got dumber,

typical

micky March 28th 14 10:06 AM

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:47:12 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 03/27/2014 07:37 PM, Oren wrote:

The guy may be casting his own gold ingots.
It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Grace is a she. It take high heat to spark Thermite, so I've read.

Ooops my dumb joke just got dumber,

Not at all. Women like gold even more than men do.

typical

Stormin Mormon[_10_] March 28th 14 11:53 AM

On 3/27/2014 8:47 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/27/2014 07:37 PM, Oren wrote:
The guy may be casting his own gold ingots.
It takes a while to get up to 1900 degrees.

Grace is a she. It take high heat to spark Thermite, so I've read.

Ooops my dumb joke just got dumber,

typical

I dumb jokely asked the guy ^h^h^h gal about thermite.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

trader_4 March 28th 14 01:11 PM

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:44:40 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

Hi,

Did it work fine and now changed behavior?

That would indeed seem to be a critical piece of missing information.
Another would be if it stays fired the whole time or is somehow cycling
on and off. Also depends on pre-heating to what temp? 300? 450?

I don't know if gas ovens have changed, but a few years ago I replaced
my electric ovens and the new ones definitely take longer to heat up
compared to the 25 year old ones.
I'm guessing maybe 50% longer. If I had known this before I switched,
I would have measured it to confirm it. I think it probably takes at least
20 mins to get to 400F. Next time I run it I'll time it, just to know.

Mark Storkamp March 28th 14 07:54 PM

gas oven takes a long time to preheat

In article ,
wrote:

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to
improve this situation? GP

Mine takes 19 minutes to get to 550F. Twice since I've had it it started
to take longer. One time the igniter failed shortly after that, the
other time the igniter didn't out right fail, but replacing it fixed the
problem.