DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vengdedvanger Stove (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/367257-vengdedvanger-stove.html)

SteveB[_15_] January 31st 14 11:13 PM

Vengdedvanger Stove

I'm looking to get one of those adapters that will change 55 gallon
barrels to stoves. I get free clean barrels that had coconut oil in them.

Does anyone have one of these? Single? Double? Much difference
between the two? Enough difference to justify cost?

It looks like it will take a lot of room. How much clearance do I need
around it, or do I have to build its own separate shed?

Steve

CRNG[_2_] February 1st 14 06:52 AM

Vengdedvanger Stove

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:13:17 -0700, SteveB wrote
in

I'm looking to get one of those adapters that will change 55 gallon
barrels to stoves. I get free clean barrels that had coconut oil in them.

Does anyone have one of these? Single? Double? Much difference
between the two? Enough difference to justify cost?

It looks like it will take a lot of room. How much clearance do I need
around it, or do I have to build its own separate shed?

Steve

When using those barrels for converting trash to heat, I get about a
year on them if they are out in the whether. In a protected building
I would expect about twice that time before they crumble.