Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toughest hard wearing exterior paint?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
Maybe wishful thinking but what are you using?
Time to paint porch deck and railing again.
Any suggestions?
TIA,

A polyurethane "porch and deck" paint would be a logical choice.

Glidden makes one, Home Depot carries it, I use it...shop floor, steel
French doors opening to screen porch and lanai...a counter top on the screen
porch...any place where I want a hard, durable surface. The colors
available are limited. I use white which yellows a bit after a couple of
years but not so much that I mind it. Green mold will grow on it too if it
is where it is frequently damp; if so, add some mildewcide.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
Maybe wishful thinking but what are you using?
Time to paint porch deck and railing again.
Any suggestions?
TIA,

Using solid stain. Steer clear of Cabots, absolutely the worst in the
industry IMO. Applied BM's Arborcoat solid almost a year ago, so don't
know what the long term durability is, yet. Cabot's started peeling on all
the flat surfaces within a month. What of waste of $600.00!