DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electrolysis DE-rusting Cast Iron (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/355557-electrolysis-de-rusting-cast-iron.html)

Oren[_2_] April 23rd 13 12:08 AM

Electrolysis DE-rusting Cast Iron

I followed up on the Electrolysis DE-rusting metal thread by Nate
Nagel. Using this video to build the tank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ADeB6V1rQ

I only needed the super washing soda and iron re bar.
Cost only ~ $7 for both. Everything else was in the garage.
Used a cup and a half of washing soda in 15 gallons of water.

Charger was set to 2 amps.

Cleaned cast iron.

DIY photo made using freeware suggested by Danny D.

http://oi33.tinypic.com/rmnwo5.jpg

Happy Happy Happy.

dadiOH[_3_] April 23rd 13 12:28 AM

Oren wrote:
I followed up on the Electrolysis DE-rusting metal thread by Nate
Nagel. Using this video to build the tank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ADeB6V1rQ

I only needed the super washing soda and iron re bar.
Cost only ~ $7 for both. Everything else was in the garage.
Used a cup and a half of washing soda in 15 gallons of water.

Charger was set to 2 amps.

Cleaned cast iron.

DIY photo made using freeware suggested by Danny D.

http://oi33.tinypic.com/rmnwo5.jpg

Happy Happy Happy.

Better living through chemistry :)

--