Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the trick to preventing stacked plastic buckets from stickingtogether?

On 2014-03-08 1:15 AM, wrote:
It is not a vacuum holding the buckets together. I have cut the whole bottom off and they stick just the same almost impossible to get apart.

oil them?

gun oil after the fact, margarine before the fact.
Posted to alt.home.repair

| It is not a vacuum holding the buckets together. I have cut the whole
bottom off and they stick just the same almost impossible to get apart.

Don't put them together in the first place.

I usually just find a quart of paint, some rags, or
something similar to put in the bottom bucket if I
need to, say, take two of them to work. But
really, how many buckets can one use? I probably
have 3 1-gallon compound buckets altogether, for
anything where I need a plastic bucket. Three
buckets don't take up so much space that they need
to be stacked together.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

It is not a vacuum holding the buckets together. I have
cut the whole bottom off and they stick just the same
almost impossible to get apart.

Leave the bottom and put something - a piece of 2x4 works - in the bottom so
the next bucket doesn't go down so far; keeps the tapered sides from wedging
like a tapered chuck.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

The plastic just sticks to itself if in close contact for a long time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:51:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Like everyone else, I often stack similar sized plastic buckets,

but, over time, they almost always become close to impossible

to pry apart without excessive force and undue swearing.

There must be a simple "trick" that prevents them from sticking

so tightly that one has to bang and curse to pry them apart.

What "trick" do you use to keep your plastic buckets from

sticking together?

No trick they are made to stick like flies on ****.
It is easy to get them apart if you know what you are doing.
Beat them with a baseball bat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 22:15:24 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

It is not a vacuum holding the buckets together. I have cut the whole bottom off and they
stick just the same almost impossible to get apart.

I used to have that problem. Then I learned how to prevent it.
DONT STACK THE PAILS TOGETHER!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Best way to unstick is to put some ice cubes in top container and place the bottom container in hot water. Changes the air pressure in "vacuumed" area and they come apart with some twisting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've had good luck drilling lots of holes in
the bottoms, and then using a red builders
brick as a spacer between each bucket. Adds a
bit of height to the stack, but much easier
to separate.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 5:26:25 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had good luck drilling lots of holes in
the bottoms, and then using a red builders
brick as a spacer between each bucket. Adds a
bit of height to the stack, but much easier
to separate.

I have two big recycle containers with holes already there.
They are truly stuck. I drag them to the curb every other week.
I gave up a few years ago trying to get them apart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:42:14 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

I have two big recycle containers with holes already there.
They are truly stuck. I drag them to the curb every other week.
I gave up a few years ago trying to get them apart.

Sounds like you need a bigger hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 12:54:13 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Sounds like you need a bigger hammer.

Tuesday is recycle day (Today). I'm not sure it will make it through the snow. I also think I will wait on the bigger hammer until it gets at least near freezing. I'm afraid to shatter one of them. The below zero crap if for the birds (who I do feed. The poor things)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:58:27 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 12:54:13 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

Sounds like you need a bigger hammer.

Tuesday is recycle day (Today). I'm not sure it will make it through the snow. I also think I will wait on the bigger hammer until it gets at least near freezing. I'm afraid to shatter one of them. The below zero crap if for the birds (who I do feed. The poor things)

Thomas,

Will your trash/recycle service exchange the stuck containers for a
new set? Worth a call to them. Unless you own them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to subinsilicon, JV-88 wrote:
The stick method seems to work. I drop a shim in each bucket. Shims are
various lengths, etc but have a nice variable thickness to them and don't
require a lot of maintenance to install. Depending on how many buckets you
have and how many you need to store defines the length of the shim. Of course
if the shim is not standing upright in the receiving bucket vapor lock may
occur. Shark Tank get ready for bucket shim!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...om-745004-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:44:11 GMT, JV-88
m wrote:

replying to subinsilicon, JV-88 wrote:
The stick method seems to work. I drop a shim in each bucket. Shims are
various lengths, etc but have a nice variable thickness to them and don't
require a lot of maintenance to install. Depending on how many buckets you
have and how many you need to store defines the length of the shim. Of course
if the shim is not standing upright in the receiving bucket vapor lock may
occur. Shark Tank get ready for bucket shim!!

A ball of twine works good. Just loop the twine to the bottom of each
bucket before adding the next bucket
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to nestork, jnina wrote:
So, the Home Depot orange buckets stick together.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...om-745004-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:54:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

put a thick string betwee nthe buckets
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2019 10:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:54:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

put a thick string betwee nthe buckets

Suction is the problem as air cannot get in. Drill a few hols in the
bottom of each.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2019 10:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/20/2019 10:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:54:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

Â* put a thick string betwee nthe buckets

Suction is the problem as air cannot get in.Â* Drill a few hols in the
bottom of each.

Isn't only issue..friction is, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/2019 9:14 AM, jnina wrote:
replying to nestork, jnina wrote:
So, the Home Depot orange buckets stick together.

Try using Vaseline. You can also use it on your anus when they ream you at home cheapo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/20/19 1:54 PM, dpb wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting one "bottom out" in the other.

--

I use tubatoos because they're lighter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/20/2019 09:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/20/2019 10:40 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:54:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

put a thick string betwee nthe buckets

Suction is the problem as air cannot get in. Drill a few hols in the
bottom of each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-ffhvefsw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%...e_in_My_Bucket
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 22:40:22 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:54:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, jnina wrote:

Put a short piece of tubafor or similar in bottom to keep from letting
one "bottom out" in the other.

put a thick string betwee nthe buckets

I've been using the twine trick for years - and IT WORKS