DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is anyone familiar with blue sheathed 14/2? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/355308-re-anyone-familiar-blue-sheathed-14-2-a.html)

whippy April 16th 13 10:44 PM

Is anyone familiar with blue sheathed 14/2?

replying to sym, whippy wrote:
howiesm wrote:

gary wrote:
I was in Home Depot yesterday and noticed they had blue sheathed 14/2.

What
is that for? It looks just like the white sheathed wire. I know that 12/2
is now yellow. But the blue....???

Gary

ive seen blue romex but it was older wire20 plus years old id say maybe
someone found an old supply and put it out there?

the blue 14/2 is used to identify arc fault circuits.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-2-134281-.htm