DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Torro Mower Deck (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/354582-torro-mower-deck.html)

John Normile[_2_] March 28th 13 03:16 AM

Torro Mower Deck

I have an older Torro 8-32 rider with a problem with the mower deck.
When engaging the deck it requires a lot of force to move into
position. I can live with this condition, but now there is a new
issue. Now the deck will not fully disengage. The control moves as
it always has done, but the deck is not moving as it should. I
looked it over and I see nothing unusual

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

micky March 30th 13 03:50 AM

Torro Mower Deck

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 03:16:39 GMT, (John
Normile) wrote:

I have an older Torro 8-32 rider with a problem with the mower deck.
When engaging the deck it requires a lot of force to move into
position. I can live with this condition, but now there is a new
issue. Now the deck will not fully disengage. The control moves as
it always has done, but the deck is not moving as it should. I
looked it over and I see nothing unusual

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Lubrication. Oil or grease everything related, unless you think it
shouldn't be. I don't know if that's it, but I can't see it from
here, and it's the most likely.

[email protected] March 30th 13 10:25 PM

Torro Mower Deck

On Mar 27, 10:16*pm, (John Normile) wrote:
I have an older Torro 8-32 rider with a problem with the mower deck.
When engaging the deck it requires a lot of force to move into
position. * I can live with this condition, but now there is a new
issue. * Now the deck will not fully disengage. * The control moves as
it always has done, but the deck is not moving as it should. * I
looked it over and I see nothing unusual

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

how does the control move the deck, is there a direct piece of metal
involved. or a cable, or what???