Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 04 Mar 2013
16:30:07 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Attila Iskander wrote:

Gunner wrote:

So Harry...hows it feel to be laying in all that manure?

I believe that harry feels right at home...

The manure wishes he would leave.

You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses"
And the pig got up
And slowly walked away.

The pig moved slowy, hoping he didn't notice and follow.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

On Mar 4, 4:31*pm, "Attila Iskander" wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:54:39 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Mar 2, 7:45 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

I like the "The sun never sets on the British Empire" one much
better.

They really meant: "The sun never sets on British Arrogance"

The Sun never set, because the Good Lord wanted to keep an eye on
them.

And their dirty deals with the devil.

The USA is the great Satan....about to be cast down.

Perhaps the US will someday join the UK on the Manure Pile of History.

So Harry...hows it feel to be laying in all that manure?

I believe that harry feels right at home...

Well, sounds like things are going to get a whole lot worse over
there.
Y'all have my sympathy.
Well some of you anyway.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

On Mar 4, 11:16*pm, "SaPeIsMa" wrote:
"Sinclair Weeks" öv wrote in message

On 2/26/2013 11:01 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 26, 6:21 pm, Sinclair Weeks v wrote:
On 2/26/2013 10:03 AM, Gunner wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:23:46 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

harry wrote:

On Feb 26, 12:15 am, "Michael A. Terrell"

wrote:
Attila Iskander wrote:

But that comment again demonstrates how provincial harry's mindset
is.
Obviously what works around him has to work just as well ALL OVER
the world
It's a holdover from the times when Euros imagined they controlled
and were
superior to the rest of the world

* * *Their egos have always outreached their grasp.

True more of the USA than Europe.

* * The US has never started a world war, but you have two under your
belts. *Does: "The sun will never set on the British Empire!" ring any
bells in your tiny belfry? *How about your slave trade, where you
limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in
that
little spat where a handful of farm boys kicked the **** out of "The
best army in the world"?

I should point out that syphilis came from America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis#History

You're a liar, of course. *From your own citation:

* * * The exact origin of syphilis is unknown. *Of two primary
* * * hypotheses, one proposes that syphilis was carried to Europe by
* * * the returning crewmen from Christopher Columbus's voyage to the
* * * Americas, the other proposes syphilis existed in Europe
* * * previously, but went unrecognized.

snicker
The Euros were too busy killing each other off in an assortment of wars to
even get past the early stages of syphilis.
* *Hard to tell you have a disease if you die before it can affect your
life.

The USA didn't exist then so your ancestors were involved too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Wes Groleau wrote:

On 02-26-2013 12:23, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
bells in your tiny belfry? How about your slave trade, where you limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in that

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years before we did?

Largely because they did not use slaves to the extent they did in the
South US. It wasn't much of an economic deal after they could no longer
sell slaves.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 12:54*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*Wes Groleau wrote:

On 02-26-2013 12:23, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
bells in your tiny belfry? *How about your slave trade, where you limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in that

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years before we did?

* Largely because they did not use slaves to the extent they did in the
South US. It wasn't much of an economic deal after they could no longer
sell slaves.

We used slaves in the West Indies. Sugar cane. Jamaica.

It was the war of Northern Aggression. They did away with slavery to
ruin the economy of the South.
Nothing altruistic.
Lincoln wanted to repatriate them to Africa.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On 3/4/2013 9:54 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 02-26-2013 12:23, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
bells in your tiny belfry? How about your slave trade,
where you limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us
to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected
carcasses out in that

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years
before we did?

Almost 60 years. We're middling in the field, after the Tsar
and before Brasil. Sudan and Saudi Arabia haven't addressed
the issue yet BTW.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,alt.idiots,spam

On 3/4/2013 7:27 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

SPAMMED INTO NON-RELEVANT GROUPS / COUNTRIES

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

#
# The USA didn't exist then so your ancestors were involved too.

#

NOPE !
But keep hoping that one of these days, one of your silly assumptions will
be right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner wrote:

I like the "The sun never sets on the British Empire" one much
better.

They really meant: "The sun never sets on British Arrogance"

The Sun never set, because the Good Lord wanted to keep an eye on
them.

And their dirty deals with the devil.

The USA is the great Satan....about to be cast down.

Perhaps the US will someday join the UK on the Manure Pile of History.

So Harry...hows it feel to be laying in all that manure?

I believe that harry feels right at home...

#
# Well, sounds like things are going to get a whole lot worse
# over there.

That's really your problem
You REALLY DON'T kn\ow..
Your just assuming...

#
# Y'all have my sympathy.
# Well some of you anyway.

Your kind of "sympathy" which is really a desperate need to feel superior,
we don't need.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics

On Mar 6, 11:25*pm, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Mar 4, 11:16 pm, "SaPeIsMa" wrote:

.. .

wrote:
Attila Iskander wrote:

[...]

Well most USAians.
I now assume you're a Hottentot.
That would explain a few things.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 22:54:48 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 02-26-2013 12:23, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
bells in your tiny belfry? How about your slave trade, where you limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in that

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years before we did?

On the third hand..they still transported slaves after the end of
British slavery.

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2013 9:21 PM, Soupe du jour wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 06:42:07 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Electric vehicles are wonderful for the capabilities they have. The
electric car can never take the place of a gasoline powered vehicle
until it has the range and convenience of what we have now. Perhaps
a small nuclear reactor would give an electrically driven vehicle the
ability to travel long distances without having to stop every 50 miles
to recharge the battery. My concept of vehicle range is one that travels
far enough and long enough so that I must stop to empty my bladder
before the vehicle runs out of power. ^_^

Plug-in hybrids will probably be the best compromise once they get a
bit better, and for a while after that until electrical storage
technologies get good enough that electrical vehicles become practical
for everyone.

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

The P.L.L.C.F. want to force them on the population before they're ready
for prime time. I can think of many times an electric vehicle
would serve me just fine but I often must drive across the state and
I can only afford to own, license and insure ONE vehicle. So it will
have to be a gasoline powered vehicle. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 21:07:42 -0500, Soupe du jour
wrote:

There is less and less upward mobility in the US as time goes on. A
lot of this is because the Republicans have cut spending on education,
so it's much harder for low-income families to get their children a
good education. Then at the same time, the wealthy can get subsidies
(vouchers) for keeping their children out of the public schools.

That is BS. The US spends more on education than any other country,
but we have 10th ranking students. That is because the liberal
educators have pretty much ruined what school is supposed to be.

It stated in the 60's when you could get a draft deferment it you were
a teacher or taking college courses to become one. The liberal draft
dodgers are not the school administrators.

It does not matter is the student can find Europe on a map as long as
we don't hurt their self esteem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:21:30 -0500, Soupe du jour
wrote:

Plug-in hybrids will probably be the best compromise once they get a
bit better, and for a while after that until electrical storage
technologies get good enough that electrical vehicles become practical
for everyone.

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

Electrics may get us by for a few years, but I think there will be new
technology in 5 to 10 years to replace that and the IC engine as we
know it. Fuel cells? Hydrogen? Nukes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

All electric vehicles should come pre wired with a hitch.

So the all electric vehicle could have a small trailer with a gasoline
engine hitched to it for the occasional long trip.

Trailers could be owned or rented for the occasional user

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Plug-in hybrids will probably be the best compromise once they get a
bit better, and for a while after that until electrical storage
technologies get good enough that electrical vehicles become practical
for everyone.

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

Electrics may get us by for a few years, but I think there will be new
technology in 5 to 10 years to replace that and the IC engine as we
know it. Fuel cells? Hydrogen? Nukes?

Antimatter, a dime sized piece would last for the life of the vehicle. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 10:16*pm, Soupe du jour
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:38:36 -0500, wrote:

The illegals who are sucking on the welfare system should be deported
but if they are working, staying put of trouble *and paying their
taxes ... bienvenidos amigo

The illegals aren't doing anything to the welfare system.

How about when they show up at the ER for any and
all illnesses? Ever go take a look at an ER and see who's there?
How about when they have a baby and go to the hospital to have
it delivered, with no money? There are hospitals going broke
over those scenarios.
How about when they have babies they can't afford, that
then wind up on welfare, because they are US citizens?

The vast
majority of them work and pay taxes, but get no benefit from their
taxes because they're illegal and can't risk going to government
agencies for fear of being found out and then deported. They pay into
Social Security too, and will never be able to get anything back.

In most cases, they're using fake ID and SS #s, so they do pay taxes.
The employers aren't so stupid as to not deduct taxes, even if they do
ignore all the warning signs and red flags that say someone is an
illegal and using false documents. Of course there are also people
being paid under the table and paying no taxes, but most larger
employers won't risk this anymore.

I can take you to the many "muster zones" here in NJ where
50 illegals are standing every morning, waiting for work. And
they get paid in cash. Yeah, some of the illegals are on the
books, but there are also plenty that are not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
Soupe du jour wrote:

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

And let China steal it like they do now...
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 8:13 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article . com,
Soupe du jour wrote:

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

And let China steal it like they do now...

Or let the Commiecrats give it to The Chinese.... ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
Soupe du jour wrote:

There are hospitals going broke
over those scenarios.

Poor, poor hospitals. It's far more likely that any hospital going
broke is doing so from mismanagement and/or the upper management
siphoning off money for themselves.

The trustees of Medicare disagree with you. They are quite up front
in their annual reports that Mcare payments to hospitals result in what
they whimsically call "negative profit margins".
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 05 Mar 2013
02:21:19 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 04 Mar 2013
16:37:13 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 03 Mar 2013
21:47:28 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Hope the plane runs out of gas, so it can coast to a stop before
it hits the ground.

Only if the pilot is a true believer in the Leftist mantra.

It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he
only had an A card.

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.

Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.

If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.

Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all
that bad.
Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test
artillery fuses - with a hammer?
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Hope the plane runs out of gas, so it can coast to a stop before
it hits the ground.

Only if the pilot is a true believer in the Leftist mantra.

It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he
only had an A card.

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.

Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.

If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.

Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all
that bad.
Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test
artillery fuses - with a hammer?

Patriotic, or stupid? I think he was working for the other side, and
trying to destroy a munitions plant.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 11 Mar 2013
01:07:54 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Hope the plane runs out of gas, so it can coast to a stop before
it hits the ground.

Only if the pilot is a true believer in the Leftist mantra.

It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he
only had an A card.

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.

Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.

If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.

Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all
that bad.
Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test
artillery fuses - with a hammer?

Patriotic, or stupid?

Rabbit and a 'Toon. What can you say?
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Hope the plane runs out of gas, so it can coast to a stop before
it hits the ground.

Only if the pilot is a true believer in the Leftist mantra.

It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he
only had an A card.

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.

Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.

If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.

Maybe so, but that was back in the day when being Union wasn't all
that bad.
Besides, who else was patriotic enough to volunteer to test
artillery fuses - with a hammer?

Patriotic, or stupid?

Rabbit and a 'Toon. What can you say?

Made by liberals in Hollywood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2013 1:47 PM, Soupy de junk wrote:
On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:10:45 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The P.L.L.C.F. want to force them on the population before they're ready
for prime time. I can think of many times an electric vehicle
would serve me just fine but I often must drive across the state and
I can only afford to own, license and insure ONE vehicle. So it will
have to be a gasoline powered vehicle. ^_^

Maybe some of your right wing buddies here can help you find a better
job so you can afford 2 vehicles?

I want to thank everyone for rising to the bait so quickly. I needed
to weed out the chaff in this newsgroup because there were way too
many OT articles. Welcome to my killfile.

Have a nice day! :-)

Oh Soupy I'm so hurt. What will I tell my Leftists friends now? I rarely
killfile anyone because I want to know what other folks think
no mater how bizarre I may think it is but to each his own. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 3:33*pm, Soupe du jour
wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 06:57:57 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Mar 9, 10:16*pm, Soupe du jour
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:38:36 -0500, wrote:

The illegals who are sucking on the welfare system should be deported
but if they are working, staying put of trouble *and paying their
taxes ... bienvenidos amigo

The illegals aren't doing anything to the welfare system.

How about when they show up at the ER for any and
all illnesses? *Ever go take a look at an ER and see who's there?
How about when they have a baby and go to the hospital to have
it delivered, with no money?

And this is different from all the citizens who don't have insurance?

Yes it is, because the illegals don't have a right to be here
to begin with. And it's different because with a lot of the US
citizens that show up at the ER, the ER ultimately gets to
extract at least some payment from them. They can send
collection agencies after them, get judgements, put a lien
on their house if they have one. Faced with that, many of
them cough up something to settle. With the illegal, you'll
never find them and they have nothing to go after at all.

Perhaps a side benefit of the Affordable Care Act will be that, since
all citizens will have insurance, we'll be able to write laws to allow
the hospitals to reject those without insurance.

LOL, sure, that's going to happen.

There are hospitals going broke
over those scenarios.

Poor, poor hospitals. It's far more likely that any hospital going
broke is doing so from mismanagement and/or the upper management
siphoning off money for themselves.

You're sadly misinformed.

How about when they have babies they can't afford, that
then wind up on welfare, because they are US citizens?

If they wanted to get to the US badly enough to cross the border, with
all the hardships involved in that (including some who cross
continents just to get to the border), I find it very unlikely that
they will wind up on welfare. These people are here to work.

Sure most are. But there are plenty where they come to the
USA, momma gets pregnant, now has kids to take care of,
can't work, and the kids are US citizens....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:

On 02-26-2013 12:23, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
bells in your tiny belfry? How about your slave trade, where you
limeys
brought slaves to your southern plantations, then left us to deal with
the problems when we kicked your syphilis infected carcasses out in
that

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years before we did?

Largely because they did not use slaves to the extent they did in the
South US. It wasn't much of an economic deal after they could no longer
sell slaves.

We used slaves in the West Indies. Sugar cane. Jamaica.

It was the war of Northern Aggression.
--------------------------------------
BULL****!

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/16/the_...the_civil_war/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:49:06 -0800 in alt.home.repair, Gunner
wrote,
Gophers? In California? We have a few..but they generally vote
Democrat.

If my gophers were registered to vote I wouldn't be able to claim
them as dependents.

Dying for a Chevy Volt, but.... azotic[_4_] Metalworking 3 February 26th 13 03:36 AM
OT Chevy Volt John B. Metalworking 93 February 29th 12 02:24 PM
Help me figure the cost to charge a Chevy Volt in my town? RickH Home Repair 46 November 15th 10 06:31 PM
Chevrolet | Electric Car - Chevy Volt. Fully Charged 2010 jolly Electronics Repair 0 October 2nd 09 10:57 AM
Run a 9.6 volt Makita drill off 12 volt car battery - voltatage dropping resistor ? [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 January 3rd 05 04:13 AM