DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   door relay (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/352281-door-relay.html)

[email protected] January 25th 13 07:41 PM

door relay

Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that
shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted.
Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this
behavior?

Thanks

[email protected] January 25th 13 09:43 PM

door relay

http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/pry/

mike[_22_] January 25th 13 10:55 PM

door relay

On 1/25/2013 11:41 AM, wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that
shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted.
Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this
behavior?

Thanks

Insufficient information.
You already have two contacts shorted together...use them.
OR else, there's some other requirement that we can't know.
It is impossible to know whether two contacts are shorted
without supplying some stimulus and looking at the response.
The devil is in the details.
Without knowing the other requirements, it's hard to offer
relevant advice.

gregz January 26th 13 01:52 AM

door relay

mike wrote:
On 1/25/2013 11:41 AM, wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that
shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted.
Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this
behavior?

Thanks

Insufficient information.
You already have two contacts shorted together...use them.
OR else, there's some other requirement that we can't know.
It is impossible to know whether two contacts are shorted
without supplying some stimulus and looking at the response.
The devil is in the details.
Without knowing the other requirements, it's hard to offer
relevant advice.

Also no current requirement and no info whether AC or DC. Most relays tend
to be small, but some are really small. A higher current rating is required
for DC because of arching.

Greg

[email protected] January 26th 13 04:31 AM

door relay

On Jan 25, 1:41*pm, " wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that
shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted.
Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this
behavior?

Thanks

When the other two contacts are shorted (closed), does that supply the
12V to the relay?