Junior Member

Default Any decorating ideas for a girly room?

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling
________________________
valuepointdistribution.com

Last edited by gotbfdk : February 26th 14 at 11:08 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
gotbfdk

Do you own or rent, that makes a difference on what you can do?
Posted to alt.home.repair

gotbfdk wrote:

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

Will she go for glitter? Tell her my daughter used it in her room 10
years ago & when she went off to college the room was re-painted and
the glitter disappeared.

Once glittered, you can use a colored flood light on a wall to make it
look pink/purple/whatever.

Jim
[quotes?-- how about you offer to paint it. You could paint it
*your* color-- and then *her* color-- for less than it will cost to
have someone else paint it. Painting isn't rocket science. It takes
time and patience. Can you keep in the lines in a coloring book?
Bake a cake without getting batter on the ceiling? If yes- then you
can paint your room just fine. I'll bet you can find someone who
has painted a room before to stand by and give you guidance as you
paint.]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 12, 4:17 pm, gotbfdk wrote:
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

--
gotbfdk

Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber, poster of Spice Girls,
kittens, Lady GaGa........... Hannah Montana......
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert wrote:

On Dec 12, 4:17 pm, gotbfdk wrote:
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

--
gotbfdk

Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber, poster of Spice Girls,
kittens, Lady GaGa........... Hannah Montana......

Do the whole place in pink theatrical UV paint, then shove a blacklight
where the regular lamp should go ;-

Seriously - another non-destructive approach is drapes - just cheap smooth
soft-hanging cloth in cool colours hung artistically from pins.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Probably take about twenty bucks, at Walmart, to
buy enough girly posters to keep the room lit up
nice, and totally girly.

My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with
brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Robert" wrote in message

Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber,
poster of Spice Girls, kittens, Lady GaGa...........
Hannah Montana......

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/12/2012 4:17 PM, gotbfdk wrote:
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

Put girlies in it? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/13/2012 8:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Probably take about twenty bucks, at Walmart, to
buy enough girly posters to keep the room lit up
nice, and totally girly.

My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with
brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!

I thought that was to cover the holes in the walls and keep out drafts? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any decorating ideas for insullation?

Oddly enough. When I moved in, the bedroom
door had a hole in it, about fist height. I did put
a poster over that. Life imitates art, or something
like that.

I've known people to block cold drafts, some use
news papers, and I saw a rental tenant one time block
cold draft with crumpled plastic shopping bags. One
time I insulated an attic with a huge load of cardboard
boxes from a recycle dumpster. Worked nicely.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with
brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!

I thought that was to cover the holes in the
walls and keep out drafts? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/12/2012 5:17 PM, gotbfdk wrote:
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

Baby girl? Teenager? Decals are not my fave because they might be hard
to remove or cover later.....school age girls will likely want to do
their own decor...in that case, some foamboard or cork bulletin boards
would be good so you would have limited holes in the wall and allow her
choices of what to stick on the walls. My daughters remind me
periodically how they hated the wallpaper in their room when they were
school age. Fleece comforters are the rage (two layers with cuts made
perp. to the edge and then knotted together)...good for color and not
expensive. Also good for lounging or sleepovers. Fabric for curtains
or colorful comforters/bedding can make a color scheme. Don't count on
your decor being acceptable to a girl )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/13/2012 7:56 AM, Robert wrote:
On Dec 12, 4:17 pm, gotbfdk wrote:
I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

--
gotbfdk

Pin unicorns, posters of Justin Beiber, poster of Spice Girls,
kittens, Lady GaGa........... Hannah Montana......

Ach! So glad my children are grown....just watched bits of the
concert...Mick Jagger looks like a kid with a lot of wrinkles. He hits
70 this year )
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , gotbfdk.b0eef28
@diybanter.com says...

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

It might help if you said what age the girl is!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:38:43 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/13/2012 8:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Probably take about twenty bucks, at Walmart, to
buy enough girly posters to keep the room lit up
nice, and totally girly.

My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with
brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!

I thought that was to cover the holes in the walls and keep out drafts? O_o

TDD

FEMA trailers have no heat?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:17:51 +0000, gotbfdk
wrote:

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

Paint the ceiling as a sky.

Pic:

http://lupocattivoblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/vegas-paris.jpg?w=300&h=224
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:21:13 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Do the whole place in pink theatrical UV paint, then shove a blacklight
where the regular lamp should go ;-

Pink and red colors may cause aggression in certain people.

LAPD once painted drunk-tanks like that. Incidents went up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do the whole place in pink theatrical UV paint, then shove a blacklight
where the regular lamp should go ;-

Pink and red colors may cause aggression in certain people.

LAPD once painted drunk-tanks like that. Incidents went up.

Pink was supposed to calm them down. Personally I like what I consider
Earth colors, sky blue, light green and brown. I'd be inclined to paint
a room in basic off-white/ivory and add personalized decorations. You
may have seen the pink Hello Kitty M-16 rifle, just the thing for an
outdoorsy girl to hang on the wall. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I talked to a police detective, years ago. Back when I was a teen, and in
the police explorer post. One night, we were doing some training, and the
subject came up.

Pink and red are "hot" colors, where blue is a cool color. So, they
repainted the interview room light blue, with better results.

Me, I get very calm and peaceful when handling a firearm, pink or otherwise.
Brings out the machinist in me. Up two clicks, left one click, roger that,
shooter ready.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Pink and red colors may cause aggression in certain people.

LAPD once painted drunk-tanks like that. Incidents went up.

Pink was supposed to calm them down. Personally I like what I consider
Earth colors, sky blue, light green and brown. I'd be inclined to paint
a room in basic off-white/ivory and add personalized decorations. You
may have seen the pink Hello Kitty M-16 rifle, just the thing for an
outdoorsy girl to hang on the wall. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:58:27 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Don't count on
your decor being acceptable to a girl )

Amish only have green curtains. The whole dang community.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:00:10 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

.Mick Jagger looks like a kid with a lot of wrinkles. He hits
70 this year )

As long as I don't have to read Keith Richards obituary. The guy
snorted part of his father and buried the rest under an oak tree.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:12:23 -0800, Bill
wrote:

In article , gotbfdk.b0eef28
says...

I have to paint it white but what are something I could do to make it
more girly?
My mom said I can get wall decals I wanted to get some quotes on the
walls and put those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling

It might help if you said what age the girl is!

37

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Oddly enough. When I moved in, the bedroom
door had a hole in it, about fist height. I did put
a poster over that. Life imitates art, or something
like that.

I've known people to block cold drafts, some use
news papers, and I saw a rental tenant one time block
cold draft with crumpled plastic shopping bags. One
time I insulated an attic with a huge load of cardboard
boxes from a recycle dumpster. Worked nicely.

Yes, I have used duct tape for holes in doors.

Greg

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

My bedroom, I want to cover the walls with
brightly colored Harbor Freight ads. Man stuff!

I thought that was to cover the holes in the
walls and keep out drafts? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I talked to a police detective, years ago. Back when I was a teen, and in
the police explorer post. One night, we were doing some training, and the
subject came up.

Pink and red are "hot" colors, where blue is a cool color. So, they
repainted the interview room light blue, with better results.

Possibly why nuthouses in England were often painted pale green or pale
blue.

And the university where I work, oddly enough - cannot think why ;-o

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."