Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Tapped Out US Consumers Earns, Spends Less In October, Real Income FallsFor Third Month

So - How's that Great American Recovery (tm) working out - Eh?

Tapped Out US Consumer Makes, Spends Less In October, Real Income Falls
For Third Month

It was only appropriate that on a day in which our chart of the day
confirmed that the US consumer is getting increasingly more broke, we
got an update of Personal Income and Personal Spending, both of which
missed expectations and declined substantially.

October income printed at 0.0%, down from 0.4% in September, and below
expectations of 0.2%, while spending plunged from 0.8% all the way into
negative territory at -0.2%, missing expectations of an unchanged print.

Counterintuitively, the spin is that this miss was due to Sandy, when
this makes absolutely zero sense: as a reminder Sandy only hit in the
last 4 days of October, which means it had no time to impact income, and
if anything it prompted an increase in spending as consumers stockpiled
ahead of the landfall. But that's why they call it spin.

Of course, none of this should come as a surprise: the implied savings
rate in September hit a multi-year low of 3.3%, which means going
forward the blend of spending and savings will be unpleasant for stocks
as consumers have no choice but to rebuild savings once more.

And finally, the most disturbing metric, and one which is a red flashing
light for all those predicting yet another economic renaissance in 2013,
is that real Disposable Income declined by 0.1%: the third decrease in 3
months, confirming that on an inflation adjusted basis the consumer
peaked in the summer, and it is all downhill from here.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...ls-third-month
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/30/2012 10:01 AM, Thurston Howell III wrote:
So - How's that Great American Recovery (tm) working out - Eh?

Good thing we are blessed with Canadas schizophrenic name changing
national treasure "home guy" who is bringing the real truth to the world
through a home repair newsgroup...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

someone wrote:

So - How's that Great American Recovery (tm) working out - Eh?

Good thing we are blessed with Canadas

Yes, you bet your ass that some of your border cities are blessed with
Canadian shoppers who are flooding into your retail stores buying all
manner of **** and helping to keep those cities solvent and americans
employed.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Thurston Howell III wrote in
:

someone wrote:

So - How's that Great American Recovery (tm) working out - Eh?

Good thing we are blessed with Canadas

Yes, you bet your ass that some of your border cities are blessed with
Canadian shoppers who are flooding into your retail stores buying all
manner of **** and helping to keep those cities solvent and americans
employed.

And I thank you for the business. Keep sending it down to us. I personally
appreciate it. Every job created in the U.S. by Canadian spending is one
less job north of the border.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 30, 9:01*am, Thurston Howell III
wrote:
[...]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...consumer-makes...

Doesn't anyone here know who Thurston Howell was, on the Gilligans
Island tv show??? He didn't have a clue about the real world!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 30, 4:23*pm, MiniMouse wrote:
Thurston Howell III wrote :

someone wrote:

So - How's that Great American Recovery (tm) working out - Eh?

Good thing we are blessed with Canadas

Yes, you bet your ass that some of your border cities are blessed with
Canadian shoppers who are flooding into your retail stores buying all
manner of **** and helping to keep those cities solvent and americans
employed.

And I thank you for the business. *Keep sending it down to us. I personally
appreciate it. Every job created in the U.S. by Canadian spending is one
less job north of the border.

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?
I suppose folks in Florida could shop in Cuba if the gov. allowed it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

--
Cheers, Bev
Last night I played a blank tape at full blast.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:41:19 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

There is no Costco in San Diego?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

There is no Costco in San Diego?

There probably is, but we live in LA -- no readon to go to SD. We could
see the Costco from the doctor's office.

Crossing the border at TJ is a real pain -- only crazy people do it in a
car. Much easier in Tecate or Algodones, both of which cater to
bargain-seeking medical/dental patients from the US.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Nov 30, 8:41*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. *I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

Amazing. All medical treatment is paid for by the taxpayer here.
People go to India for cosmetic surgery here (UK) Not covered by the
tax payer usually.

Well some of the ugly ones do.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

MiniMouse wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

Only if they are willing to risk being kidnapped or murdered.

Or they're teenagers in San Diego that want to go drinking in Tijuana.

(same applies to Detroit teenagers that go drinking in Windsor).
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

MiniMouse wrote:

Good thing we are blessed with Canadas

Yes, you bet your ass that some of your border cities are blessed
with Canadian shoppers

And I thank you for the business. Keep sending it down to us. I
personally appreciate it.

Every job created in the U.S. by Canadian spending is one less
job north of the border.

Your math is flawed, because our unemployment rate is at least a full
percent lower than your "official" rate, and probably 4 or 5 points
lower than your actual rate.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/30/2012 10:55 PM, harry wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:41 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

Amazing. All medical treatment is paid for by the taxpayer here.

A goodly amount of medical treatment is paid for by US taxpayers too;
unfortunately, the non-taxpayers are the ones who receive it.

People go to India for cosmetic surgery here (UK) Not covered by the
tax payer usually.

Well some of the ugly ones do.

You mean you have an Ugliness Panel not unlike the proposed US Death Panel?

--
Cheers, Bev
Always carry a length of fiber-optic cable in your pocket. Should
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 11/30/12 11:19 AM, hr(bob) wrote:

Doesn't anyone here know who Thurston Howell was, on the Gilligans
Island tv show??? He didn't have a clue about the real world!!!!

Mary Ann was the pretty one.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
On 11/30/2012 10:55 PM, harry wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:41 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

Amazing. All medical treatment is paid for by the taxpayer here.

A goodly amount of medical treatment is paid for by US taxpayers too;
unfortunately, the non-taxpayers are the ones who receive it.

Yes but the arrogant people in this country don't want mandatory health
insurance for all !!!

People go to India for cosmetic surgery here (UK) Not covered by the
tax payer usually.

Well some of the ugly ones do.

You mean you have an Ugliness Panel not unlike the proposed US Death
Panel?

--
Cheers, Bev
Always carry a length of fiber-optic cable in your pocket. Should
you be shipwrecked and find yourself stranded on a desert island,
bury the cable in the sand. A few hours later, a guy driving a
backhoe will be along to dig it up. Ask him to rescue you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 12/03/2012 06:40 PM, grumpy wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
On 11/30/2012 10:55 PM, harry wrote:

On Nov 30, 8:41 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/30/2012 09:22 AM, harry wrote:

Do people in Texas go shopping in Mexico?

People in California (and probably elsewhere) go to Mexico for dental
work and other medical procedures. I wish I'd felt like going to the
Costco in Tijuana.

Amazing. All medical treatment is paid for by the taxpayer here.

A goodly amount of medical treatment is paid for by US taxpayers too;
unfortunately, the non-taxpayers are the ones who receive it.

Yes but the arrogant people in this country don't want mandatory health
insurance for all !!!

When auto liability insurance was mandated in California, prices went
up. When the only competition is among providers, with no 'none of the
above' option available, there is no reason to keep prices low. There
are also health-insurance regulations such that you can't get a
"high-deductible" policy with a higher deductible than $5K and the
premium is not dirt cheap. Want one with a $25K deductible for 1/5 the
price of the $5K deductible plan? Tough luck, frugal citizen, you can't
have that.

People go to India for cosmetic surgery here (UK) Not covered by the
tax payer usually.

Likewise Mexico. Likewise for dental work. Snowbirds travel from Maine
to Mexico in the winter for medical and dental and pharmaceutical
bargains.

Well some of the ugly ones do.

You mean you have an Ugliness Panel not unlike the proposed US Death
Panel?

No answer?

--
Cheers, Bev
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.

Tapped balls Newshound UK diy 2 November 20th 11 12:39 PM
The real income plan. [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 2nd 08 01:04 PM
The real income plan. [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 2nd 08 01:04 PM
The Bottom Line 2008 Home Maintenance Month-by-Month Guide Ablang Home Ownership 0 January 5th 08 06:36 AM
International Real Estate Directory -Find Real Estate, Rentals, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Agents and Brokers. MyDirectory Home Repair 0 December 28th 06 08:57 PM