Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Got a froe?

Unusual tools, including:

Milwaukee Florescent Light tester
Shingle froe
Arbortech power chisel
Adze
Timber Scribe

and a couple more.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...l-uses#slide-8

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Unusual tools, including:

Milwaukee Florescent Light tester
Shingle froe

I have a pair of those that are placed on the shingle's farthest
reaches.
Yep, two end froes.

God may very well strike me down for that one...
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:23:32 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Unusual tools, including:

Milwaukee Florescent Light tester
Shingle froe
Arbortech power chisel
Adze
Timber Scribe

and a couple more.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...l-uses#slide-8

From 1-8;
Fluorescent light tester-
no

Shingle Froe-
Yep-- but no beetle with which to drive it
I have built a schnitzlebank to shave the shingles down on, though.

Crane 812 Super Saw
First one I've ever seen.- neat

Arbortech Power Chisel
I'll stick with my twitching tool

Stanley #1 Odd Jobs-
Don't know if it is a #1- but I saw one a few years ago and couldn't
pass it up. It's in the box.

Adze
indeed!

Channelock rescue tool
Good to see they still make these oddities- don't have one, but I'd be
tempted at a garage sale.

timber scribe-
Maybe I'm tired- or maybe that's just a bad picture, but I'm not
feeling 'timber scribe' -

Cool tools-
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Unusual tools, including:

Milwaukee Florescent Light tester
Shingle froe
Arbortech power chisel
Adze
Timber Scribe

and a couple more.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...l-uses#slide-8

From 1-8;
[...]

That timber scribe looks like a big version of my plastic
scribing/cutting tool. I cut a groove in the plastic then
snap in two along the cut. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Crane 812 Super Saw
First one I've ever seen.- neat

Arbortech Power Chisel
I'll stick with my twitching tool

You can use your twitching tool to undercut door jambs. I've done it and it
works swell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Unusual tools, including:

Milwaukee Florescent Light tester
Shingle froe
Arbortech power chisel
Adze
Timber Scribe

and a couple more.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...l-uses#slide-8

I was using a froe just the other day splitting bamboo for the front
of the tiki bar

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/bamboo%20bar.jpg

So when is the a-h-r Mai Tai party? Is your bamboo local or can you
get it from a lumberyard?

Jim