DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   univ lecture videos (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/348348-univ-lecture-videos.html)

dumbstruck October 29th 12 01:10 AM

univ lecture videos

See http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HistoryW for
a breathless, intense, fascinating couple hour lecture
summing up the significance of the war for a western
civ course. I like the way he rated military leaders good
and bad... nimitz and especially marshall as hero of the
century... and of course churchill. I also like the way he
didnt digress with clueless student interactions.

Good that he remembered the millions of russian
prisoners killed, but for that and other reasons i think
soviet sacrifice is overstated because maybe half their
casualties were needless. Not only did stalin waste
lives by reckessness... sometimes sending unarmed
troops or human sacraficial minesweepers... but
nagorski (sp?) calls it a two front war, where large
squads would hunt and kill fellow soviet soldiers
who appeared to be slacking. There were even
squads to kill the killing squads on top of that.

Btw another unrelated wwii lecture is due next weekend.

dumbstruck October 29th 12 01:17 AM

univ lecture videos

Darn it, wrong forum due to trying to post vai mobile

The Daring Dufas[_8_] October 29th 12 01:43 AM

univ lecture videos

On 10/28/2012 8:17 PM, dumbstruck wrote:
Darn it, wrong forum due to trying to post vai mobile

That's OK, it's interesting stuff. ^_^

TDD