Old August 1st 19, 03:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default What sucked my traps dry?

On 8/1/2019 8:44 AM, David75 wrote:
replying to Evan, David75 wrote:
I checked on a house yesterday. It had a sewer gas smell in basement. I
don’t think the basement fixtures are vented properly?walls are up ?how can
I tell if shower or vanity is vented properly?or what would cause traps
to be
sucked dry?other than a venting issue?

If unoccupied, evaporation.

Old August 1st 19, 03:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 10:06:10 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 8/1/2019 8:44 AM, David75 wrote:
replying to Evan, David75 wrote:
I checked on a house yesterday. It had a sewer gas smell in basement. I
don’t think the basement fixtures are vented properly?walls are up ?how can
I tell if shower or vanity is vented properly?or what would cause traps
to be
sucked dry?other than a venting issue?

If unoccupied, evaporation.

Or never filled. He said "walls are up", which may imply it's new
construction? Or the traps could be fine and there could be a vent
line that was never connected.
Old August 1st 19, 04:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/1/19 10:06 AM, dpb wrote:
On 8/1/2019 8:44 AM, David75 wrote:
replying to Evan, David75 wrote:
I checked on a house yesterday. It had a sewer gas smell in basement. I
don’t think the basement fixtures are vented properly?walls are up
?how can
I tell if shower or vanity is vented properly?or what would cause
traps to be
sucked dry?other than a venting issue?

If unoccupied, evaporation.

Right. Some years ago I had a 2 houses with a floor drains in an
unfinished basement. Every so often would need to pour water into them
due to evaporation