DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trinitron 100HD Pool Filter Leak (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/345856-trinitron-100hd-pool-filter-leak.html)

RPET September 1st 12 05:30 PM

Trinitron 100HD Pool Filter Leak

I have a Trinitron 100HD Pool filter for my in ground pool. The filter is leaking outside around the filter bulkhead at the return pipe. It looks like an o-ring or gasket has blown out. Does this have to be repaird from inside the filter or can I replace the gasket or o-ring from outside the filter bulkhead? I can't tell from looking at the drawings of the filter and it's parts.

Oren[_2_] September 1st 12 10:39 PM

Trinitron 100HD Pool Filter Leak

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 16:30:59 +0000, RPET
wrote:

I have a Trinitron 100HD Pool filter for my in ground pool. The filter
is leaking outside around the filter bulkhead at the return pipe. It
looks like an o-ring or gasket has blown out. Does this have to be
repaird from inside the filter or can I replace the gasket or o-ring
from outside the filter bulkhead? I can't tell from looking at the
drawings of the filter and it's parts.

moan Reverse the question. Is the gasket or O-ring on the outside?

Then you have the answer.

willshak September 1st 12 11:21 PM

RPET wrote the following on 9/1/2012 12:30 PM (ET):
I have a Trinitron 100HD Pool filter for my in ground pool. The filter
is leaking outside around the filter bulkhead at the return pipe. It
looks like an o-ring or gasket has blown out. Does this have to be
repaird from inside the filter or can I replace the gasket or o-ring
from outside the filter bulkhead? I can't tell from looking at the
drawings of the filter and it's parts.

Well, first, it is a Triton pool filter, unless it has a Sony Trinitron
TV built into it. :-)
Now, here's a pdf file of the general instructions, if that will help.
Big URL
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...W7YxvONuG 90Q
Small URL with preview
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8f7lsu
Small URL without preview. Only if you trust me.
http://tinyurl.com/c8f7lsu

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY