DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   painting vinyl (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/345550-painting-vinyl.html)

Herb Eneva August 25th 12 05:35 PM

painting vinyl

I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun
exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would be best?
Thanks for any reply

[email protected] August 25th 12 05:50 PM

painting vinyl

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:35:19 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun
exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would be best?
Thanks for any reply

Krylon Fusion - specially formulated for painting vinyl and other
plastics.

Ed Pawlowski August 25th 12 07:33 PM

painting vinyl

wrote:

I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun
exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would be best?
Thanks for any reply

Plain old latex house paint. I've changed the color of mine a few
times in the past 30 years. Never peeled or blistered.

Red Green August 26th 12 11:55 PM

painting vinyl

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

wrote:

I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun
exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would be best?
Thanks for any reply

Plain old latex house paint. I've changed the color of mine a few
times in the past 30 years. Never peeled or blistered.

Ed:

Wouldn't you want to further qualify that to 100% Acrylic latex house
paint? Plastic expands & contracts a lot; therefore, 100% acrylic paint.

[email protected] August 27th 12 01:22 AM

painting vinyl

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:55:29 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

wrote:

I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun
exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would be best?
Thanks for any reply

Plain old latex house paint. I've changed the color of mine a few
times in the past 30 years. Never peeled or blistered.

Ed:

Wouldn't you want to further qualify that to 100% Acrylic latex house
paint? Plastic expands & contracts a lot; therefore, 100% acrylic paint.

Anything less is foolish, inside or out.