DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Get strangers to paint your house (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/344772-get-strangers-paint-your-house.html)

HeyBub[_3_] August 8th 12 12:49 PM

Get strangers to paint your house

"Rian White of East Hampton, N.Y., did some rabble rousing when he asked
anyone and everyone for "help" painting his house. In a move that angered
neighbors, White put up a sign outside of his home, reading: "Help paint a
starving artists [sic] house. Throw a pint." His house -- windows and glass
door included -- is now covered in splashes of paint

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz22wtIZxyo

Doug[_14_] August 8th 12 02:44 PM

Get strangers to paint your house

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 06:49:09 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"Rian White of East Hampton, N.Y., did some rabble rousing when he asked
anyone and everyone for "help" painting his house. In a move that angered
neighbors, White put up a sign outside of his home, reading: "Help paint a
starving artists [sic] house. Throw a pint." His house -- windows and glass
door included -- is now covered in splashes of paint

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz22wtIZxyo

I didn't read the article but I had a house not too far away once.
East Hampton is an upscale neighborhood so I can understand why the
neighbors aren't pleased.

metspitzer August 8th 12 04:02 PM

wrote:

"Rian White of East Hampton, N.Y., did some rabble rousing when he asked
anyone and everyone for "help" painting his house. In a move that angered
neighbors, White put up a sign outside of his home, reading: "Help paint a
starving artists [sic] house. Throw a pint." His house -- windows and glass
door included -- is now covered in splashes of paint

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz22wtIZxyo

If that is what he calls art, then I understand why he is starving.