DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I get this item? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/344666-where-can-i-get-item.html)

Robert Macy[_2_] August 6th 12 08:29 PM

Where can I get this item?

People,

where can I find a lower cost wall vent cap cover? low profile mount
onto stucco.

wal cap 8 inch diameter louvered type
found $270 at Copperlabs [aka Vents USA] in MN
and $180 at Thunderbird in CA

I'm convinced that it would be best to have louvered in addition to
the damper inside at the stove top hood.

But these prices seem a bit high for a metal box, some 'flippy' vanes,
and a short 8 inch diameter tube.

Anyone know of another outlet? with lower prices?

Paul Franklin[_2_] August 7th 12 02:12 AM

Where can I get this item?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:29:53 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

People,

where can I find a lower cost wall vent cap cover? low profile mount
onto stucco.

wal cap 8 inch diameter louvered type
found $270 at Copperlabs [aka Vents USA] in MN
and $180 at Thunderbird in CA

I'm convinced that it would be best to have louvered in addition to
the damper inside at the stove top hood.

But these prices seem a bit high for a metal box, some 'flippy' vanes,
and a short 8 inch diameter tube.

Anyone know of another outlet? with lower prices?

Try this place: http://www.famcomfg.com/wall-vents.html

They have a plastic one for 12 bucks, and a variety of metal types for
under 50.

HTH,

Paul F.

Robert Macy[_2_] August 7th 12 02:52 PM

Where can I get this item?

wrote:
People,

where can I find a lower cost wall vent cap cover? low profile mount
onto stucco.

wal cap 8 inch diameter louvered type
found $270 at Copperlabs [aka Vents USA] in MN
and $180 at Thunderbird in CA

I'm convinced that it would be best to have louvered in addition to
the damper inside at the stove top hood.

But these prices seem a bit high for a metal box, some 'flippy' vanes,
and a short 8 inch diameter tube.

Anyone know of another outlet? with lower prices?

Try this place:http://www.famcomfg.com/wall-vents.html

They have a plastic one for 12 bucks, and a variety of metal types for
under 50.

HTH,

Paul F.

Thank you for the URL I will cal them.

The metal ones shown all have that ugly sloped exterior. The plastic
'moveable' louvered one is closest, but does not have the flashing for
stucco. Plus, being in AZ the sun will take out most plastic in ??,
well, no time at all. Even the baked on epoxy paint does not fair well
here. But, then again, plastic for 18.44 vs 180 for copper