DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Miter saw laser Q? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/343395-miter-saw-laser-q.html)

[email protected] July 9th 12 01:07 AM

Miter saw laser Q?

A power tool question?

I have a B&D Firestorm 10" Miter saw with a laser guide. After years
of use the laser became out of alignment. The manual instructs how
to adjust it both vertically and horizontally as well as for
convergence. However, the adjustments didn't cut it (no pun
intended).
I took the laser cover off and found that the brass laser thingy which
was glued in was loose. Apparently the glue dried, cracked and fell
out.
OK - must be a simple fix so I used Goop glue to glue it back in its
cylindrical slot and let it dry. Now the problem is I cannot get the
beam(s) to converge let alone align.

Just wondering if any one else has run into this issue before and if
so, how was it resolved? Eventually I might have to bring it to the
B&D repair shop but I'm afraid of what that might cost.

Ideas, suggestions? Thanks all.

WW[_2_] July 9th 12 03:32 AM

Miter saw laser Q?

wrote in message
[...]

Check Rockler. I bought a laser for my miter saw from them. Mounts under
bolt that holds saw blade. Always in alignment. Automatic turn on when
brade is turning.. WW

gregz July 9th 12 03:38 AM

Miter saw laser Q?

wrote:
[...]

If you have to take it back off, that goop is pretty strong the longer it
sets up.
If the laser has built in splitter, it might have moved.

Greg

DerbyDad03 July 9th 12 04:16 AM

Miter saw laser Q?

On Jul 8, 10:32*pm, "WW" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Which one did you buy?

The Infiniter® RS-1 got much better reviews than the Irwin

[email protected] July 9th 12 05:09 AM

Miter saw laser Q?

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 20:07:48 -0400, wrote:

[...]

You could get one of the centrifugal hub lasers. They replace the outer
washer and should work on any saw.