Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How quickly does a rat die in a typical rat trap

On 03 Jun 2012, Jim Elbrecht wrote in
alt.home.repair:

2 c's will kill about a dozen mice was my experience with one many
years ago-- Victor says their 4aa model will kill 100 mice per
set-- 4 d's ought to kill a few rats.

there is a capacitor in there someplace.

Huh! I don't think of 4 D-cells in a flashlight being deadly like that.

I wish the Rat Zapper people made a larger version I could use on
squirrels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 20:59:42 -0400, Nil
wrote:

On 03 Jun 2012, Jim Elbrecht wrote in
alt.home.repair:

2 c's will kill about a dozen mice was my experience with one many
years ago-- Victor says their 4aa model will kill 100 mice per
set-- 4 d's ought to kill a few rats.

there is a capacitor in there someplace.

Huh! I don't think of 4 D-cells in a flashlight being deadly like that.

An alkaline D-cell is, what, 15Ah? Four of them (at 1.5V) is That's about
90Wh, not an inconsequential amount of power. Boost the voltage a bit and,
trust me, it'll light you up.

I wish the Rat Zapper people made a larger version I could use on
squirrels.

Squirrels and rats are about the same size...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 03 Jun 2012, Jim Elbrecht wrote in
alt.home.repair:

2 c's will kill about a dozen mice was my experience with one many
years ago-- Victor says their 4aa model will kill 100 mice per
set-- 4 d's ought to kill a few rats.

there is a capacitor in there someplace.

Huh! I don't think of 4 D-cells in a flashlight being deadly like that.

I wish the Rat Zapper people made a larger version I could use on
squirrels.

I think the rat zapper would kill squirrels just fine. Probably not
an approved method for a critter who enjoys protection in most [all?]
states, so the company can't advertise it.

Except for the fluffy tail, and the ability to climb trees to rob bird
nests I don't see much difference.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

We get these critters at work... the traps usually take care of them within 30 seconds. The odd time you'll find a trap that's moved a foot from where it was set, the poor thing tried to haul off with the trap. No glue traps, you're then faced with how to dispose of a pest that's still alive...

Michael Lalonde
Sudbury, Ontario
Jumler catering
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 12:59:46 AM UTC-4, Bill Keefer wrote:
I hate to kill them - but I have to.
Do they die quickly when the big rat traps spring?

I'm not talking the little mouse traps - but the larger classic Victor
rat traps.

I have had a nest of them living behind my bath tub that they reached through a hole in the wall in my bedroom. I got 2 Victor classic traps, over a billion sold and staked out the hole. one with banana somebody told and the other with dog treats. They never hit the banana but they loved the dog treats.By the end of the day today I had killed 5 female rats and one big male rat on the very last. All the smaller females died instantly with a crushed neck it looks like. The big male was messy. He thrashed around for a few seconds and smeared blood all over the floor. But it was so worth it to get rid of his as$.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 9:19:56 AM UTC-4, Steve Barker wrote:
On 6/1/2012 11:59 PM, Bill Keefer wrote:
I hate to kill them - but I have to.
Do they die quickly when the big rat traps spring?

I'm not talking the little mouse traps - but the larger classic Victor
rat traps.

why does it matter? and why would anyone hate to kill them?

--
Steve Barker

Wow, someone is heartless. Why would anyone feel sorry for a pedophile - a person that gets off on raping children? Which we had snap traps for those asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well I actually just heard one go off in my basement 20s when I got there the rat had moved the trap about 1-2 feet and was thrashing around but I don't believe he was still alive, smashed him with a brick to make sure he didn't run when I threw him in the trash, they can be adorable, so if they stop destroying my house is let it go
Posted to alt.home.repair

No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and homes! Just saying, dont feel bad, They dont belong in this planet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/15/2020 06:37 PM, wrote:
No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and homes! Just saying, dont feel bad, They dont belong in this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViANqzGd6qU

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 20:05:47 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 08/15/2020 06:37 PM, wrote:
No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and homes! Just saying, don¢t feel bad, They don¢t belong in this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViANqzGd6qU

You searched for a You Tube video about rats, just to be able to post
something, senile idiot? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/20 10:05 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/15/2020 06:37 PM, wrote:
No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and homes! Just saying, dont feel bad, They dont belong in this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViANqzGd6qU

So there's hope for Chicago tourism!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/15/2020 06:37 PM, wrote:
No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in
this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and
homes! Just saying, dont feel bad, They dont belong in this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViANqzGd6qU

So there's hope for Chicago tourism!

Not by this tourist; I've been there. Even in the early '70s the desk
clerk at the hotel advised me to stay north of Roosevelt Road.

I'm reading a post-apocalyptic novel where in a scene set in Baton Rouge
the protagonists are advised to avoid any street named after a
president. That does for more cities than Baton Rouge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:25:23 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Not by this tourist; I've been there. Even in the early '70s the desk
clerk at the hotel advised me to stay north of Roosevelt Road.

I'm reading a post-apocalyptic novel where in a scene set in Baton Rouge
the protagonists are advised to avoid any street named after a
president. That does for more cities than Baton Rouge.

Good grief? What a blathering IDIOT! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/15/2020 06:37 PM, wrote:
No reason to act like we care about rats. They have no good use in
this world. Full of disease, scares my kids, and destroys lives and
homes! Just saying, dont feel bad, They dont belong in this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViANqzGd6qU

So there's hope for Chicago tourism!

Not by this tourist; I've been there. Even in the early '70s the desk clerk at the hotel advised me to stay north of Roosevelt Road.

I'm reading a post-apocalyptic novel where in a scene set in Baton Rouge the protagonists are advised to avoid any street named after a president. That does for more cities than Baton Rouge.

It's not too late.Â* Mayor Lori Sluefoot's constituents are having a block party.

4 Dead, at Least 39 Wounded in Chicago Shootings So Far This Weekend

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ekend/2323282/

--
Demolitioncrats are destroying America!