Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (again?) screw into light socket: male--SWIVEL--female (for pointable floodlight)

I asked something similar a year or two ago; am trying
again in case new products exist for this.

For either a floodlight-in-ceiling-"can" OR pointing-down lightbulb
socket in exhaust fan and light assembly that sits four or five
feed above the gas burners on a kitchen stove -- in either
one of those I'd like to be able to unscrew the bulb or
flood-light, replacing it with a screw-in thingie (best
name I can think of) that then has a swivel (gymbal?) from
which sticks out a light-bulb socket, into
which I can screw in either the bulb or flood-light,
and point it to wherever (nearby) I want more light.

See, when the kitchen was redone (I won't tell you how
much THAT cost!), there's a place that's *perfect*
for standing next to and reading newspapers on.

Except that the ceiling floodlights (in "cans" built
into the ceiling, with floodlight (or lightbulb, for
cheap) shoots light-beam straight (vertically) down.

And not one of them is over the paper-reading spot.

What I'd like to do is having that screw-in swiveling
thing (yes, will extend out of can to below the ceiling --
UGLY! UGLY! UGLY! GET THAT THING OUT OF HERE! *PLEASE* PUT IT
BACK THE WAY IT WAS!)

and I could screw into that, and POINT it so I can read
the paper.

(The "UGLY!" problem. I could sneak into the kitchen,
unscrew the inside-the-can flood-light, screw in my
male--swivel--female--extra-flood-already-screwed-in --
you get the idea. Quickly removalable.)

So, any such swivel-things? HD doesn't have them, and google,
with my probably stupid search strings, found nothing.
And I tried an electric-supply place; they too had never
heard of such a thing.

(Maybe wrong electric supply place?)

Any such products?

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

David

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Combs wrote:
I asked something similar a year or two ago; am trying
again in case new products exist for this.

For either a floodlight-in-ceiling-"can" OR pointing-down lightbulb
socket in exhaust fan and light assembly that sits four or five
feed above the gas burners on a kitchen stove -- in either
one of those I'd like to be able to unscrew the bulb or
flood-light, replacing it with a screw-in thingie (best
name I can think of) that then has a swivel (gymbal?) from
which sticks out a light-bulb socket, into
which I can screw in either the bulb or flood-light,
and point it to wherever (nearby) I want more light.

Get an "eyeball" can.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

*You need a swivel light socket adaptor. Try a lighting store. I recall at
least one recessed light manufacturer offering them at one time. Here's a
link:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=XCHxdSrutiG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 2:01*am, (David Combs) wrote:
[...]

A screw-in "device".

Instead of installing a device that you admit will be ugly, why not
just add another can or 2 (to help even things out) with a different
switch perhaps, to light this "perfect" area?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 25, 2:01*am, (David Combs) wrote:

Thanks for the ideas!

All three are good.

I'll go see what I can find (and ask an electrician for a price
for an extra can and switch -- no sense having 4 cans turned on
when one will do just fine, as long as it's pointing at the
right place!).

Thanks much!

David