DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HOA loses one (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/340030-hoa-loses-one.html)

HeyBub[_3_] May 9th 12 12:02 PM

HOA loses one

"Wilbur, a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig that a Spring homeowner's association
wanted to kick out of a family's home, doesn't have to move, a Harris County
district court judge ruled Monday."

"I think we need to forget about his being about a pig for a moment and look
at the broader issue of homeowner's associations and residents," [trial
judge] Engelhart said. "Homeowner's associations are there, on one hand, to
maintain a neighborhood in a particular way, but they also have
responsibilities not to infringe too much on homeowner's use of their land
the way they see fit and not to serve as an exercise yard for Barney Fife
wannabes."

(Okay, I made up that last.)

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...te-3541112.php