DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   odors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/338747-odors.html)

gregz April 13th 12 01:05 AM

odors

I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a
closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with
ozone, and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into this product which
I'll use soon. Like to report results.
Chlorine type cleansing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AVDv-LZfHfY

Greg

Bob-tx[_3_] April 13th 12 10:36 AM

odors

"gregz" wrote in message
I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a
closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with
ozone, and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into this product which
I'll use soon. Like to report results.
Chlorine type cleansing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AVDv-LZfHfY

Greg

Easy fix. Spread a number of sheets of fabric softener (Bounce for example)
on carpets, mattress, furniture, etc. Leave unit closed for a couple days.

Bob-tx

Jim Elbrecht April 13th 12 11:57 AM

odors

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:05:50 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a
closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with
ozone,

What is the smell and what kind of 'treating'?

I've locked a room up with an Alpine Air ozone generator for overnight
and it ate all the odors of a smoldering mattress. My son uses
them in cars that come in with dead animals, sour milk, too much
perfume, cat urine, and god-knows-what-else.

An overnight treatment is usually all that is necessary. 2 nights
has never failed.

and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into this product which
I'll use soon. Like to report results.
Chlorine type cleansing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AVDv-LZfHfY

What does it mean when youtube just sends me to *my* watch later list?
Is Youtube broke-- Did greg send the wrong link? -- Or is he a
spammer? [the handle looks familiar, so I didn't think that was it . .
]

Jim

HeyBub[_3_] April 13th 12 01:59 PM

odors

wrote:

I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I
bought a closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been
treating with ozone,

What is the smell and what kind of 'treating'?

I've locked a room up with an Alpine Air ozone generator for overnight
and it ate all the odors of a smoldering mattress. My son uses
them in cars that come in with dead animals, sour milk, too much
perfume, cat urine, and god-knows-what-else.

An overnight treatment is usually all that is necessary. 2 nights
has never failed.

I THINK ozone is effective only against organic odors. If the smell comes,
for instance, from outgassing of vinyl, it may be ineffective.

JRStern April 13th 12 08:24 PM

odors

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 04:36:57 -0500, "Bob-tx" Live Spam free wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message
I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a
closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with
ozone, and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into this product which
I'll use soon. Like to report results.
Chlorine type cleansing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AVDv-LZfHfY

Greg

Easy fix. Spread a number of sheets of fabric softener (Bounce for example)
on carpets, mattress, furniture, etc. Leave unit closed for a couple days.

How about a bottle of Febreze and about one minute spritzing?

BTW - how does that stuff work? Could it be the same as Bounce
anyway? What *happens* to the smelly molecules, do they just bind to
the active ingredients and fall to the floor, to be vacuumed up, or
would they be captured in the Bounce sheets - as that's certainly not
my impression of how they work in a dryer where they give up some
compound to be spread around the clothes??

J.

gregz April 14th 12 12:32 AM

odors

"gregz" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know how it's supposed to work. The other owner left 4-5 spray
bottles, almost empty. So much for that.

I was boiling vinegar today, whew !!

Greg

JRStern April 14th 12 07:08 PM

odors

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:32:25 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

How about a bottle of Febreze and about one minute spritzing?

BTW - how does that stuff work? Could it be the same as Bounce
anyway? What *happens* to the smelly molecules, do they just bind to
the active ingredients and fall to the floor, to be vacuumed up, or
would they be captured in the Bounce sheets - as that's certainly not
my impression of how they work in a dryer where they give up some
compound to be spread around the clothes??

J.

I don't know how it's supposed to work. The other owner left 4-5 spray
bottles, almost empty. So much for that.

I was boiling vinegar today, whew !!

well if you keep adding new odors, you can hardly complain that the
stuff you used yesterday didn't work!

J.