DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is typical overhang of wood threshold over riser? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/338368-what-typical-overhang-wood-threshold-over-riser.html)

[email protected] April 5th 12 09:52 PM

What is typical overhang of wood threshold over riser?

I'm in the process of replacing a wood threshold and was wondering if
there was a standard overhang measurement for over the riser board?
1/2" looks about right but I didn't know.

Any know the specs? Thanks.

DerbyDad03 April 5th 12 10:00 PM

On Apr 5, 4:52*pm, wrote:
I'm in the process of replacing a wood threshold and was wondering if
there was a standard overhang measurement for over the riser board?
1/2" looks about right but I didn't know.

Any know the specs? * Thanks.

For an uncarpeted staircase, the tread overhang is typically the same
as the thickness of the tread.

Seems like it should be the same for a threshold.

What is the overhang of the threshold you are replacing...and why
wouldn't you duplicate it?