DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Waterproofing masonry wall & concrete floor swimming pond (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/337614-waterproofing-masonry-wall-concrete-floor-swimming-pond.html)

Mehrzad N. March 20th 12 08:27 PM

Waterproofing masonry wall & concrete floor swimming pond

I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension
to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a
liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete
floor. Any recommendation such as plastering, drylok, or others...

thanks
---nick

Oren[_2_] March 20th 12 09:09 PM

Waterproofing masonry wall & concrete floor swimming pond

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:27:17 -0700 (PDT), "Mehrzad N."
wrote:

I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension
to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a
liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete
floor. Any recommendation such as plastering, drylok, or others...

thanks
---nick

Are you in Texas? They call a swimming pool a "cement pond". I guess
you can plaster and then use pool paint. Pools are like that.

Can you post a picture on a free site with a link back here.

gregz March 21st 12 02:36 AM

"Mehrzad N." wrote:
I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension
to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a
liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete
floor. Any recommendation such as plastering, drylok, or others...

thanks
---nick

I once found a spray on type of rubber for basements, when I did a search.

Greg

DanG[_2_] March 21st 12 11:13 AM

On 3/20/2012 3:27 PM, Mehrzad N. wrote:
I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension
to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a
liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete
floor. Any recommendation such as plastering, drylok, or others...

thanks
---nick

You may want to look into Xypex. It is fairly easy to apply. Here is a
web site:
http://www.xypex.com/products/products.php

It would be best to call their technical support to discuss your project.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven