Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I wish I thought of this!

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 21:42:33 -0500, Congoleum Breckenridge
wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

I actually did think of it a while ago. As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off switch.

-Zz
Posted to alt.home.repair

How many USB charge devices do you have? Me, well, I can think of zero. That
power socket would be about as useful as, uh, as useful as a cement mixer at
a pinochle game.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Congoleum Breckenridge" wrote in message
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 3, 9:42*pm, Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina...

My first day of snow skiing I thought, "These things would probably
turn a lot easier if they were skinnier in the middle".
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

I actually did think of it a while ago. As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off switch.

-Zz

Electrical outlets with a power switch are manufactured, they're
standard in The U.K. and there is one you can buy in the U.S. and
Canada. It has an outlet and switch combination that fits a duplex
cover. ^_^

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...px?sku=3235314

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina....

I actually did think of it a while ago. *As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. *Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off *switch.

-Zz

Electrical outlets with a power switch are manufactured, they're
standard in The U.K. and there is one you can buy in the U.S. and
Canada. It has an outlet and switch combination that fits a duplex
cover. ^_^

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...px?sku=3235314

TDD

Vry common and have been for a least 30 years. I have ...umm...two in
srvice. I don't know if they can be wired so the switch controls
theoutlet though.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, considering that everything that charges with a USB cable comes with a USB cable, and half of them I've already replaced so I have extra chargers, and the expectation that in a decade things won't be using the same USB jacks they use now, I'd say it's not that useful. Kids will look at it and say "What's that?" just like they do now with rotary phones. The difference is, rotary phones aren't built into walls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:42:33 PM UTC-6, Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Much handier http://www.usbchainsaw.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:26:25 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

Â*wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina...

I actually did think of it a while ago. Â*As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. Â*Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off Â*switch.

-Zz

Electrical outlets with a power switch are manufactured, they're
standard in The U.K. and there is one you can buy in the U.S. and
Canada. It has an outlet and switch combination that fits a duplex
cover. ^_^

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...px?sku=3235314

TDD

Vry common and have been for a least 30 years. I have ...umm...two in
srvice. I don't know if they can be wired so the switch controls
theoutlet though.

Harry K

They can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Only 700mA? It should be four or five times that, these days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote:

[...]

You have an outlet and a switch. Think about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 22:15:22 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

How many USB charge devices do you have? Me, well, I can think of zero. That
power socket would be about as useful as, uh, as useful as a cement mixer at
a pinochle game.

I'm getting more and more. Cell phones, other than i-crap, now use (micro)
USB connectors. USB-A to micro-USB cables are now ubiquitous.

....though perhaps it would be more use in a poker game.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

stuff snipped

The difference is, rotary phones aren't built into walls.

Some we

http://www.porticus.org/bell/images/...anel_phone.jpg

The house we lived in during the 1960's had one of these.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina...

I actually did think of it a while ago. *As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. *Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off *switch.

-Zz

Virtually all electrical outlets in the UK have had on-off switches
for fifty years. They are double pole switched on the latest ones.
They are also shuttered and individually fused.
Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina...

I actually did think of it a while ago. As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off switch.

-Zz

Virtually all electrical outlets in the UK have had on-off switches
for fifty years. They are double pole switched on the latest ones.
They are also shuttered and individually fused.
Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Yes Harry, my not too distant Southern ancestors are known as
Cavebillies. Before the discovery of propane, manufactured
homes and trailer parks. The Cavebillies who lived inside the
hills later evolved into Hillbillies who lived on the hills.
I have other ancestors from a much earlier era known as Cavewops,
they were common in the part of Europe now known as Italy and
they are known for...... ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:53:57 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:42:33 PM UTC-6, Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Much handier http://www.usbchainsaw.com/

Chuckle--
That's a good one. Folks-- watch the video-- and scroll down to see
why the pre-order is no longer available.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Congoleum wrote in message
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

4 cell phones, 1 PDA, 2 or 3 mp3 players, just off the top of my head.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 05:08:08 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Yes Harry, my not too distant Southern ancestors are known as
Cavebillies. Before the discovery of propane, manufactured
homes and trailer parks. The Cavebillies who lived inside the
hills later evolved into Hillbillies who lived on the hills.
I have other ancestors from a much earlier era known as Cavewops,
they were common in the part of Europe now known as Italy and
they are known for...... ^_^

TDD

I know what you mean. I'm a certified SwampBilly. A designated
Diplomat. As a diplomat, I have the biggest stick!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

I actually did think of it a while ago. As a kid I also thought up
skateboard parks, ultralight aircraft, those little bags of air used
for packaging, and a mess of other stuff. Later, I thought up those
plastic lids that go on hot coffee with the little sip doors.

What I don't unserstand is why they don't make electrical outlets with
an on-off switch.

-Zz

I thought up remote transmitted outdoor thermometers. I put the word out.
Took 2-3 years. That was in the 90's.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Yes Harry, my not too distant Southern ancestors are known as
Cavebillies. Before the discovery of propane, manufactured
homes and trailer parks. The Cavebillies who lived inside the
hills later evolved into Hillbillies who lived on the hills.
I have other ancestors from a much earlier era known as Cavewops,
they were common in the part of Europe now known as Italy and
they are known for...... ^_^

TDD

I know what you mean. I'm a certified SwampBilly. A designated
Diplomat. As a diplomat, I have the biggest stick!

It's hard for us to get away from our primitive roots and culture. I
gotta get one O them Youropeeans to teach me to be civilized. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Yes Harry, my not too distant Southern ancestors are known as
Cavebillies. Before the discovery of propane, manufactured
homes and trailer parks. The Cavebillies who lived inside the
hills later evolved into Hillbillies who lived on the hills.
I have other ancestors from a much earlier era known as Cavewops,
they were common in the part of Europe now known as Italy and
they are known for...... ^_^

TDD

I know what you mean. I'm a certified SwampBilly. A designated
Diplomat. As a diplomat, I have the biggest stick!

It's hard for us to get away from our primitive roots and culture. I
gotta get one O them Youropeeans to teach me to be civilized. ^_^

Why? We already have Obummer and his lefty minions to tell us how we have to
live our lives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 2:55 am, harry wrote:

Virtually all electrical outlets in the UK have had on-off switches
for fifty years. They are double pole switched on the latest ones.
They are also shuttered and individually fused.
Just about everything is incredibly primitive in the USA

Andy writes:
Absolutely...If you want to get some good dental work done, you
just HAVE to go to England for it. ..... and the food there is really
something to savor..... Those POMS can do things with pig's blood
and spotted dicks that will tickle yer innards !!!!!!!

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Here's another little plug-in device that many wish had not been thought of:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/pwnie/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:43:07 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:
http://www.menards.com/main/electric...887-c-9526.htm

Here's another little plug-in device that many wish had not been thought of:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/pwnie/

I learned you can go just about anywhere carrying a 6 ft ladder.
People will even open the doors for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy writes:
Absolutely...If you want to get some good dental work done, you
just HAVE to go to England for it. ..... and the food there is really
something to savor..... Those POMS can do things with pig's blood
and spotted dicks that will tickle yer innards !!!!!!!

Andy

Don't forget the warm beer and auto electrics and electronics by Lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 3, 10:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
How many USB charge devices do you have? Me, well, I can think of zero. That
power socket would be about as useful as, uh, as useful as a cement mixer at
a pinochle game.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Congoleum Breckenridge" wrote in message

...http://www.menards.com/main/electric...utlets/combina...

6 that I can think of right off the bat:

2 smart phones
2 GPS's
1 bluetooth earpiece
1 bluetooth stereo headset

More when the kids come home from college on breaks.

On Second Thought Michael Gross Electronics Repair 1 March 8th 11 07:06 PM
O/T: Never Thought I'd See It Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 67 June 7th 09 05:24 PM
I thought I was bad... Michael Koblic Metalworking 6 October 13th 08 08:14 PM
Here's a thought... HeyBub Woodworking 9 June 9th 07 03:09 AM
thought of the day. :-) ben UK diy 6 August 15th 05 08:24 AM