DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for high temperature fabric (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/335158-looking-high-temperature-fabric.html)

Art Todesco February 1st 12 02:40 PM

Looking for high temperature fabric

Several years ago, I bought some of these kitchen stovetop protectors.
http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.c...3-4EB60BCBA3AE
They are made from some type of thin fiberglass-like material with a
silver coating. They are thin and work very well, despite some of the
reviews on the company's website. Food that is stuck or burned on,
comes off easily. It's almost like a Teflon coating, but I know Teflon
wouldn't be good at high temperatures. But, for me, the problem is
size. They are too small for my stovetop. I have to use overlapping
pieces to cover the larger size burner areas. I am looking for this
type of material in larger or bulk size so I can cut them to fit
properly. I have tried plain aluminum foil, but it never worked as
good, even though it is disposable. Pre-made thicker aluminum
protectors, also don't cover the areas. Does anyone know of a material
similar that can be used for this purpose?
Thanks.

chaniarts[_3_] February 1st 12 03:04 PM

On 2/1/2012 7:40 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
[...]

the same page had this

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.c...ailPageUpsell/

on it for lining the oven bottom. it's larger, so you can probably cut
to fit.

Art Todesco February 1st 12 07:19 PM

On 2/1/2012 10:04 AM, chaniarts wrote:
On 2/1/2012 7:40 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
Several years ago, I bought some of these kitchen stovetop protectors.
http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.c...9-5EAE8D9C0E1C

/productID/763D4B50-CA17-4AA7-B6B3-4EB60BCBA3AE

They are made from some type of thin fiberglass-like material with a
silver coating. They are thin and work very well, despite some of the
reviews on the company's website.

the same page had this

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.c...2dc-4d3e-920b-

6f467f6e5943/categoryID/8d7f73b3-495d-4530-9155-1ba9d6058e29/SKUSOURCE/detailPageUpsell/

on it for lining the oven bottom. it's larger, so you can probably cut
to fit.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. It's hard to tell from the pics exactly
what it is, but it certainly might work. A call to their customer
service might in order.

[email protected] February 1st 12 09:22 PM

Looking for high temperature fabric

Google NOMEX.

Doug[_14_] February 1st 12 10:59 PM

Looking for high temperature fabric

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:19:11 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

[...]

Unless you object to the looks, why not use wide aluminum foil like I
did in one house for both stove top and oven bottom. And its cheap
and easy to replace if necessary.

Art Todesco February 4th 12 01:20 PM

Looking for high temperature fabric

On 2/1/2012 4:22 PM, wrote:
Google NOMEX.

After lots and lots of searching, I did find the company that supplies
the fabric to Harriet Carter and other sellers. And they will sell the
fabric in sort of a bulk roll, (13" wide x 70" long). But, only one
problem, only in black color. I had really wanted the silver although
black probably isn't so bad. Apparently this company distributes it to
others. I don't think they actually manufacture it. Anyway, I am going
to give it a try.