Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 09:16:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Japanese company.... But made in chi- nah

Rots a ruck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 11:03:31 PM UTC-5, Ook wrote:
I have four bread machines, and they are all candidates for the trash
can. One has motor problems, three have bread pans that don't last
(the shaft seizes). None of them have lasted me a year. Not
surprisingly, all of them are made in China.

So, what is a good quality bread machine not made in China? I'm
willing to pay a bit extra for it, I've certainly paid enough for the
junk machines I already have. I don't need bells and whistles, I just
need something that I can run 3-4 times a week. I seldom let it bake
the bread, I just use it to nead the dough. I prefer to take the ready
dough and shape it myself - I have a couple of nice Ecko french bread
shaped pans that work nicely.

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers that
can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers that
can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

Even if the mixer isn't made in China, the parts probably are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:03:31 -0800 (PST), Ook
wrote:

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers that
can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

I make my own bread every week. My mixer was made in Brazil.
I call it my hands.
Yours will probably be American.
How hard is it to knead a kilo or two of flour? Your arthritis
is worse than mine? Use the no-knead method.
Flavor and texture are better too. (I do sourdough, a
breadmaker machine rarely gets that right).
[]'s

PS If you are looking for an industrial mixer, AHR is probably
not the best place to ask.
Another PS This thread is over EIGHT years old. LOL. Gotta
love Glugle newsgroups.
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hi Nieder, I make all our bread (except crackers and a rare loaf) and
have for over 2 decades now, with a bread machine to do the mixing.
Takes about 1.5 hours in dough mode the turn it out to my own pans for
rising and then baking.

One not made in China is Panasonic. It's simple with no frills but I
had one for quite a few years and it worked well. They have a scale of
models from simple to quite complex.

Fancier but very nice is also from Japan, Zojirushi. I caught a
screaming sale at Amazon a bit ago and snagged the last one. It's a
dual paddle system that gives a functional bake shape if I want to use
that (and I have twice).

Probably more critical is what type of doughs are you making? That may
be the reason for your failing machines. You need a special one if
making 100% whole wheat, heavy rye mixes and so on.

Here's a standard 2lb dough run I use often:

1 1/3 c Buttermilk (or water and buttermilk powder)
1/3 c water
2-3 TB cut up butter (real butter)
4 c 'fluffed' white flour (spooned to fluff then to the cup)
2 TB sugar
1-2 ts salt
2 ts Active dry yeast (SAF yeast right now in 1lb bags)
Optional: I like to add herbs and spices, or crushed seeds

Because of Covid impact on our community, I have been distributing free
1lb loaves to help others with the food bill. I am estimating it's
been 230 of them now but that's a lowball estimate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Failing to find a good bread machine not made in China, can anyone
recommend a good bread dough neading machine? I'm not sure what they
are called - I've seen them from time to time, heavy duty mixers
that can make bread dough. Again - I want one NOT made in China.

I make my own bread every week. My mixer was made in Brazil.
I call it my hands.
Yours will probably be American.
How hard is it to knead a kilo or two of flour? Your arthritis
is worse than mine? Use the no-knead method.
Flavor and texture are better too. (I do sourdough, a
breadmaker machine rarely gets that right).
[]'s

PS If you are looking for an industrial mixer, AHR is probably
not the best place to ask.
Another PS This thread is over EIGHT years old. LOL. Gotta
love Glugle newsgroups.

Oh man! I missed that and replied too! 2012....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2020 4:17 PM, cshenk wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I looked up the Zojirushi, knowing it was a Japanese brand. The
reference I found said that was manufactured in China. May be so for the
Panasonic also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Panasonic, Malasia, same for Zojirushi.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I may be too late on this...
Our West Bend bread machine has been a work horse for over 25 years. We have the Homestead model. Probably discontinued by now. Made in West Bend, WI; at least it was 26 years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Harry Johnson, sadf wrote:
8 years later see where your answer got us to

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...na-682818-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

I refuse to buy China made products.
My last machine was a Panasonic, and worked beautifully for 20 years.
Although a lot more trouble, researching products made in USA is challenging. Which, by the way, should not be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

A KitchenAid mixer is an excellent way to prepare your dough. The bread €˜hook comes with the unit.
Most bread recipes will suggest the mixer method for handmade or artisan bread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

I refuse to buy China made products.

Then you will have a hell of a problem finding one you can buy.

My last machine was a Panasonic, and worked beautifully for 20 years.
Although a lot more trouble, researching products made in USA is
challenging.

Bet there are none now. Guess you might be
able to find one on ebay or in a facebook buy
swap sell group that hasnt been used much.

Which, by the way, should not be.

You are free to start making them in the USA and go broke doing that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

A KitchenAid mixer is an excellent way to prepare your dough.

A proper bread machine is a lot more convenient.

The bread €˜hook comes with the unit.
Most bread recipes will suggest the mixer
method for handmade or artisan bread.

The best bread machines do those too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 04:36:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 04:34:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done with China!!!!!!!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...na-682818-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2021 1:31 PM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me.Â* I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

No one has replied with on since this started 9 years ago so I guess
not. Mix by hand like your grandmother did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/24/2021 1:31 PM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

No one has replied with on since this started 9 years ago so I guess
not. Mix by hand like your grandmother did.

Is Panasonic building its stuff in Japan, at least?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2021 5:25 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 3:12:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/24/2021 1:31 PM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

No one has replied with on since this started 9 years ago so I guess
not. Mix by hand like your grandmother did.

Is Panasonic building its stuff in Japan, at least?

Looks like the high end models are. Could still contain some China made
parts though.

https://tinyurl.com/2b3cxndm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:31:07 +0000, Kristine
wrote:

I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done with China!!!!!!!

Buy one that is 40 years old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Kristine wrote

I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA.
Can you help me. I'm done with China!!!!!!!

Buy one that is 40 years old.

Fat chance it will still be working.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2021 11:31 AM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have the
ID to prove it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2021 10:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/24/2021 11:31 AM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me.Â* I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have the
ID to prove it.

Which is crustier, the bread or the maker?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2021 10:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/24/2021 10:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/24/2021 11:31 AM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me.Â* I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have
the ID to prove it.

Which is crustier, the bread or the maker?

Tossup .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 11:43:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Buy one that is 40 years old.

Fat chance it will still be working.

Do you get some sort of senile, tiny orgasm whenever you find an opportunity
to auto-contradict, senile Arsetralian cretin?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 20:56:51 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have the
ID to prove it.

We know, senile gossip, but that doesn't answer her question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2021 09:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/24/2021 10:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/24/2021 11:31 AM, Kristine wrote:
I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done
with China!!!!!!!

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have
the ID to prove it.

Which is crustier, the bread or the maker?

The maker, definitely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 07:50:13 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Which is crustier, the bread or the maker?

The maker, definitely.

Are you sure? Senilely sure? BG