DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tossing a charged Capacitor in the Bathtub (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/334918-re-tossing-charged-capacitor-bathtub.html)

micky January 27th 12 10:53 PM

Tossing a charged Capacitor in the Bathtub

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:03:23 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Jan 27, 10:53*am, wrote:

Not that I'm planning to test this, but what would happen if a large
capacitor, charged with 200 volts or more was tossed into a filled
bathtub while someone was in the tub? *(By large capacitor, I dont mean
the size, but rather, I mean a large capacity, such as 500 MF or one
Farad or more....).

I see no reason this would ever occur, but I'm just curious.

My assumption would be...there is no path to ground-so no one would
get electrocuted. I wouldn't try it though!

That's what I've been saying. Well, I said that if you throw a radio
or heater in the bathtub, the current will go through the drity soapy
water sononer than it will go thourhg the bathers body. What is
dangerous is catching the radio when your hand is out of the tub and
the only way to ground is through you.

I need volunteers to check this out. It pays 100 dollars per test, to
you or your heirs.